The Director of Drivers and Delivery will be responsible to oversee routing, driver and delivery operations, scheduling and proper handling of product. This role will also manage driver and delivery employees and company safety process.
- Manage driver managers, semi, and bobtail employees to assure safe and timely departures and deliveries with the right product.
- Lead the development of all Delivery SOP’s for PNW.
- Maintain constant communication and contact with sales team and customers as directed.
- May conduct joint visits with sales team to customers soliciting customer feedback.
- Directly responsible to meet the semi and depot budgeted costs.
- Annually review depot structure and capital improvement needs.
- Must have a Continuous Improvement mindset and suggest creative ways to reduce costs.
- Attend sales meetings to better service promotions and product trends.
- Train drivers to ensure right time efficient and orderly delivery.
- Train drivers in right communication skills for superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Partner with risk management to assure Federal DOT and OSHA compliance.
- Assure proper adherence to all DOT Regulations and Terminal Inspections to standard compliance
- Research troubleshoots and applies corrective actions with a sense of urgency for shortages, refusals, filling errors, not on trucks, missed deliveries, breakage, and dirty invoices.
- Work cross functionally with the Director of Warehouse Operations and the sales teams to resolve and eliminate internal and external customer concerns.
- Direct transportation manager to assure a safe, timely and cost-effective delivery of product to customer within designed deliver window.
- Manage driver’s company safety process.
- Assure effective and compliant use of all regulatory and efficiency tools, including Routing, Telematics and DOT compliance programs
- Develop and manage driver and delivery KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) that drive results to improve safety, productivity, internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Assure downloads match customer invoices.
- Promote ongoing best in class customer service throughout all positions in delivery.
- Maintain safe and clean delivery vehicles at all times.
- Supervisory responsibilities for managers, supervisors and leads.
- Responsible for hiring/selection, corrective action, performance plan/development, work assignment, and termination.
- Will have financial/budgetary responsibilities including forecasting and adhering to delivery budget.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- At least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing union and nonunion employees, including grievances, arbitrations, and contract negotiations.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, employees, outside contractors, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals. This position requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position further requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Lean Six Sigma or similar training
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of Federal and OSHA regulations.
- Excellent communication skills / both formal and informal.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Possess continuous improvement mindset.
- Thorough understanding of driver and delivery cost structure. Able to interpret cost build up, trends, and monthly financialreports.
- Highly collaborative leadership style.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to multitask.