Director of Network Engineering (5G & LTE Wireless Architecture)
Our client is a leading international provider of enterprise wireless network design. As a, they have a powerful national presence and a respected industry reputation. They are hiring a Director of NetworkEngineering to build the next generation of wireless networkarchitecture within a leading market region.
The Director of NetworkEngineering is a new position with a high level of responsibility and a large pool of technical resources. This director will oversee the design and deployment of enterprise-grade wireless networks to meet the growing demand for emerging 5G-compatible networkinfrastructure. Their designs will lay the foundation of wireless networking deployments within large retail, office buildings, hospitals, concert venues, and other enterprise buildings.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits package includes healthcare and life insurance options, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Excellent industry reputation within the deployment space; many satisfied big-name customers.
- Strong relationships with all major US carriers.
- Outstanding product line with advanced options in new technology such as IoT connectivity, hybrid cloud options, and emerging 5G.
- Strong resource pool, including large international team of engineers, R&D, and technical support staff.
- Company commitment to training engineers well; low turnover.
- Aggressive sales team that is growing fast in new markets.
- Company is profitable and stable, with a culture of reinvesting in their employees.
- Fully funded trips to top industry conferences and trade shows.
- Identify customer business goals and assist business development team in creating custom solutions proposals to address enterprise customers’ networking needs.
- Demonstrate networking solutions for enterprise-level clients and carriers.
- Support business development within the sales region, identifying sales opportunities with new clients at the enterprise level.
- Make technical presentations at conferences and trade shows.
- 5+ years of senior technical leadership experience within networkengineering.
- Background in networkengineering and wireless infrastructure, ideally with a focus on enterprise-level customers.
- Strong understanding of networking technology, including:
- 4G/LTE/LTE-A wireless infrastructure
- Network virtualization
- IP networks and LTE networks
- SDN and SD-WAN (software-defined networks)
- 3GPP, UMTS, and GSM standards
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical degree.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and tools for networksecurity, traffic, and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of emerging IoT, network automation tools, and 5G.
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl) is a strong plus.