AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
The Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEI) will be a leader, advisor and advocate, focused on infusing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging into all programs and activities, tracking progress toward the strategy that aligns with overall company strategy, goals, and communicating progress to an engaged AHEAD community. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that DEI initiatives align with and encompass the company Mission and Vision.
Partnering with the Executive Leadership Team and other stakeholders across the company,
identify and plan professional development programs to raise awareness and develop best practices to cultivate a culture of civility, respect, and ethical behavior, and that help build a welcoming and inclusive culture within AHEAD.
This person serves as the organizational leader to drive the development, implementation and integration of best practices and trends to increase the diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural proficiency of our team. Serve as the company's spokesperson on matters related to DEI and will ensure our workforce experiences a culture of belonging that leverages diverse backgrounds and perspectives of all employees to build a high-performing organization.
This position can be based remotely, with a heavy preference for Chicago, IL, or Atlanta, GA, and reports to the Chief People Officer.
Management Leadership Responsibilities
- Build a team that will provide direction and leadership related to strategically integrating DEI and operationalizing into the business, front line, processes, and systems throughout the organization.
- Train, supervise and evaluate performance of direct reports.
- Provide employee training, mentoring and resources necessary to carry out their work and champion DEI and Belonging.
- Ensure adherence to department and organizational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure performance goals, expectations and standards are clearly understood by supervised staff.
- Evaluate employee performance on an ongoing basis; take appropriate corrective action if needed.
- Represent the organization in diversity strategy efforts, ensuring awareness, involvement, and contributions as appropriate.
- Perform human resource functions in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Build strong relationships and actively partner and participate with other executives and leadership team staff in leading the organization through day-to-day and strategic business.
- Provide leadership and coaching, when appropriate, to stakeholders via one-to-one and group interactions.
- Engage in the identification of DEI best practices and benchmarks as input to designing and implementing initiatives.
- Design and drive a clear and relevant DEI philosophy and strategy for meaningful diversity, equity, and inclusion solutions across the company for all lines of business and functional organizations.
- Create a roadmap that embeds DEI actions in company policies, practices, and training, and is eventually fully integrated with business goals, drives innovation, and is directly reflected in the company's brand identity.
- Partner with People and Culture and leaders across the company to reimagine how we will attract, grow, and retain a diverse workforce and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion.
- Serve on, enhance, and standardize our DEI council and employee resource groups (ERGs) to influence them to prioritize and drive business initiatives.
- Social Responsibility
- Develop and support an equity-first approach to strategic community-based initiatives, plans, and goals in alignment with organizational vision and goals.
- Monitor diversity metrics and report on the results to the leadership team. Over time, improve year over year diversity and representation metrics and positively impact engagement and retention of the company's diverse workforce.
- Partner with People and Culture organization to identify and drive diversity recruiting efforts with clear metrics including strategic sourcing, targeting diverse talent pools, diverse interview panels, participating in diverse career fairs and other innovative approaches.
- Partner with Talent Development and HR Business Partners to integrate initiatives into talent practices including performance management, leadership development, succession planning, total rewards, retention, Hi-Po programs, and mentoring programs.
- Navigate and assist the organization with the legal obstacles of implementing initiatives.
- Keep current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining key partnerships with other leaders and organizations in the field on behalf of the company. Share best practices and trends across the company and with our affiliates.
- Influence our DEI story collaboratively with the Marketing team to build the company brand as a diverse, inclusive, and equitable employer. Ensure messaging is embedded in the employer brand, policies and procedures, communications plans, client philosophy and community reach initiatives.
- Role model openness, empathy, and deep listening. Connect in a highly accessible, approachable way to ensure access to the pulse of our people, our culture, and our aspirations to create an environment for true change.
- Identify and plan professional development programs to raise awareness and develop best practices to cultivate a culture of civility, respect, and ethical behavior, and that help build a welcoming and inclusive culture within the organization.
- Develop, or direct the development of, documented policies and procedures relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion through a racial equity lens.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates
- 8 to 10 years' experience in business management or with relevant experiences
- 8 + years' experience leading core diversity and inclusion programs, concepts, and practices, as well as strong capability in leading organizational change, preferably in a PPE backed company.
- Track record of fostering, driving, and implementing innovative ideas with broad impact.
- Bachelor's degree required or Masters' degree preferred.
- Self-starter, hands on leader with strong passion in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Demonstrated success in building and delivering a DEI strategy at an organization with proven results.
- Strong bias towards action with the ability to balance the strategic and tactical elements of the role.
- Executive presence and ability to build followership.
- Ability to successfully work across business units, geographies and cultures and influence all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity, access, and equity.
- Strong program/project leadership skills with a proven track record of innovative thought leadership, creative problem solving, and mobilizing others.
- Strong collaborator with ability to connect across the organization to influence and lead change in partnership with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead internal team and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolutions skills; ability to promote collaboration and consensus building among departments and a variety of stakeholders groups
- Ability to analyze and make sound recommendations on complex issues, including identification of alternative solutions and projecting consequences of different plans of action
- Excellence in communication (written, verbal, and listening) and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and establish rapport and trust with diverse audiences, understanding of and sensitivity to diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, disabilities, and sexual orientation of members, partners, and staff.
Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
Investment in training & development
Incentives for certifications
Ability to make an immediate impact