At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
As a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion you will be a key strategic partner for business leadership, Human Resources, and team members. Whether through consulting, advising, providing internal/external insights, or giving leaders and team members the guidance that they need to be successful, you will be a knowledgeable and committed resource. You’ll make a positive impact on building a safe and inclusive work environment where all dimensions of difference are valued and represented, while all team members feel welcome and able to bring their authenticity to deliver results. You’ll also help champion a diverse workforce where there is equity in hiring, development, and advancement regardless of a team members dimensions of difference. You will use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Director of Diversity & Inclusion, you'll take the lead as you…
- Serve as subject matter expert to consult with the business leaders as well as HR partners to understand areas of D&I opportunity to effectively build and align short term and long-term companywide strategies and tactics to deliver enterprise and business results.
- Collaborate with partners to effectively integrate D&I into current business strategies and operational routines.
- Develop and implement an ecosystem of D&I focused programs, resource groups, and other tactics to support a diverse and inclusive team and culture at Shipt.
- Develop and implement a holistic and comprehensive Shipt D&I learning and training strategy.
- Stay connected internally and externally, leveraging data, insights, and industry trends to lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change to foster D&I.
- Stay connected with Target D&I partners to understand and gather strategies, resources, data, and other inputs to inform Shipt’s D&I strategies and tactics.
- Act as a coach, trusted partner and confidant in helping leaders and team members build inclusion acumen through personal curiosity, immersive experiences and topical training.
- Lead visible cross-functional project teams to build solutions across a wide range of D&I related projects.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of strategy development and/or work in human resources or diversity & inclusion
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; can design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions
- Proven track record or critical thinking; ability to leverage data and insights to influence and develop/track solutions
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with broad cross-functional teams; proven abilities to execute multiple tasks simultaneously with quality results
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas”
- Ability to Influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Is flexible, resilient, and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company, the strategy, and the work.
- Connects and integrates strategies across multiple spaces easily.
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.