The Director of DistributionSales - East is responsible for sales growth and business development via day to day supervision of the assigned distributionsales team. Products include the full AGG distribution product portfolio (both MSE & MCA).
- Day to day supervision of the external distributionsales team (DMs) in the East.
- Working as a key member of the distribution management team, further develop, enhance and implement the sales management program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of defined sales and market share growth strategies for the market area.
- Assist the DMs in developing annual Business Plans with their assigned distributors and insure prescribed and agreed activity plans are properly executed.
- Development and implementation of MSE & MCA market area key account programs and relationship building activities
- Perform monthly and quarterly reviews of DMs sales results and activities to insure annual targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Monitor and evaluate sales trends for the our MSE and MCA product groups.
- Analyze and identify within the local market area potential sales opportunities and variances in market share for Metso capital equipment and services. Develop and implement corrective actions where required.
- Develop a clear understanding of current territory sales activity, quotes, pending projects, customer needs, and effectively communicate and document this information to market area management and related business line personnel.
- Insure that all distributor sales opportunities and follow up activities are regularly and accurately maintained in Sales Force.
- Monitor monthly lost sales activities (UCCs) and resulting distributor/DM follow up activities.
- Participate as a member of the market area distribution management team in the formulation of monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Work with the market area marketing communications team to develop effective distributor and cooperative marketing programs.
- Provide formal market intelligence regarding competitive products, pricing, and sales activity to the MCA & MSE business lines.
- Liaise with the distribution management support teams to ensure effective technical support, training, and distributor development programs are maintained
- Maintain agreed sales policies and performance standards to ensure quality, customer response, customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Establish and maintain a good company image within territory by ensuring all field resources provide exceptional service, a professional business-distribution management attitude and up-to-date product knowledge.
- Participate in market area distributor product and customer service forums
- Demonstrate cooperative team effort within the MA and BL distribution management team.
- Establish performance targets and perform development reviews for assigned team members.
- Insure travel and expense policies are followed and the related budgets are maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned by market area management from time to time
Minimum ten years of experience in sales
Minimum five years of experience in sales management
Minimum three years of experience of managing distributionchannels
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required.
- Strong computer skills are essential – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- A highly motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to plan, organize, work under stress, meet deadlines and work independently is required.
- Position requires sound distribution management expertise, good customer relation skills, ability to work within a team environment, mechanical aptitude, creativity, innovation, and strategic thinking.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, organizing, prioritizing tasks and working to prescribed timelines.
- Need to have effective verbal communication and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
- Ability to travel frequently (+/- 60%). Extensive overnight travel to locations locally and in remote areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- Must be physically able to climb onto structures stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites, customer facilities, industrial plants and mines, inspect equipment for failure and process analysis and enter equipment access points.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travelexperiences.
- Must have a validdriver’s license and passport.
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!