Director of Director Education and Practitioner Engagement
For more than 85 years, our client has been a visionary leader in whole food philosophy! They offer over 350 high-quality supplements with whole food ingredients. The organization is vertically integrated - farm to fork - seed to supplement!
We have been retained to find a talented Director Education and Practitioner Engagement! This person will develop and execute programs and events that promote the continuing education of practitioners and patients to drive recommendations and long-term use of company products. In collaboration with the R&D functions, the incumbent will participate in establishing education strategic priorities and the selection and use of appropriate information and tools. This role leads the associated educational activities required to meet sales growth targets. To this objective, the leader will interact with and leverage practitioner communications, content and programs to help develop and prepare relevant clinical guidelines and nutritional supporting information for adapted use in building the specific educational programs. Coordination and development of technical writers and clinical substantiation for all product launches will be under the supervision of this leader and function.
This position can be located in their state-of-the-art Innovation Center in Kannapolis, North Carolina (30 minutes north of Charlotte) or at the company's headquarter location in Palmyra, Wisconsin.
- Design and delivery of clinical nutrition and educational programming
- Develop educational strategies and programs for practitioners that strengthen relationships and engage HCPs and other key stakeholders as well as for patients of HCP's
- Leverage and select tools, education techniques, and forums to build medical nutrition awareness, recommendations and use of nutritional supplements and medical food products
- Build clinically and technically-based continuing education and relationships with KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) and advisors to build the business by driving awareness and recommendations
- Direct and manage the Speakers Bureau and fill programs that leverage the use and support of KOLs in educational programming and events
- Develop a specific segmentation plan that targets key practitioners and consumers to ensure delivery of educational and clinical information is relevant and creates calls to action
- Partner with the Nutrition Science Team and collaborate with Commercial and Regulatory affairs organizations to develop supportable language for claims which will provide differentiation in the marketplace
- Partner with marketing teams to select and deliver effective educational forums with an aligned target for both practitioner type and patient profiles
- Lead team to identify key and specific clinical topics and support the preparation of the clinical rationale and substantiation for the use of nutritional products focused on prioritized therapeutic platforms
- Support medical positioning for products using results and information from available research and recent clinical and preclinical studies from both the general nutrition literature and product specific clinical studies.
- Leverage technologies in AI, AR, and digital support to maximize the delivery of new content and learning effectiveness that creates a call to action and drives product recommendations.
- Ensure all events are well managed and executed to maximize the experience of all event participants with a seamless logistics plan and program
- Lead cross-functional project teams focused on medical education and messaging
- Lead and develop cross-functional staff (event planning team, content developer, etc.)
- Be able to travel 30-40% of the time
- Master's Degree or PhD (Nutrition degree preferred, especially with clinical and education experience)
- 5-10 years of industry experience (dietary supplements, medical foods, food manufacturing or pharma), with nutrition and medical communications experience preferred
- Strong experience in key therapeutic areas with extensive network of KOLs and KCL
- Proven ability to effectively influence and partner with HCPs and other KOLs; extensive experience in delivery of educational tools that enhance clinical practices by specialized HCPs
- Understanding of the segment-specific regulatory environment
- Demonstrated business acumen/leadership
- Ability to influence executive-level stakeholders
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills