Less than 5 years
Posted 263 days ago
To provide local leadership and strategic direction. To oversee and control day to day operation of all Dining Services operations at the community, by maintaining Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards and meeting financial expectations of the department. This position reports to the Executive Director and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
• Supervises the preparation and cooking of food as determined by standard recipes.
• Maintains a quality assurance program that guarantees residents receive fresh, tasty, well-prepared meals, served promptly and politely.
• Develops well-balanced menus in collaboration with Chef.
• Maintains food cost on a daily basis and is responsible to ensure budgetary compliance.
• Responsible for purchasing all food and non-food items.
• Ensures that all Dining Services is stored, handled and prepared under safe sanitary conditions as set forth by the company and the local, state and county health departments.
• Acts as the facility’s representative for any health department of other required inspections; assure compliance, follow up to assure any deficiencies are immediately corrected.
• Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation human resources policy.
• Oversees the scheduling of all food service personnel to maintain compliance with budgetary guideline.
• Assures all department training standards are met and up to date.
• Maintains all department logs and insures bookkeeping policies are followed.
• Establish daily interaction with residents.
• Orders all dining room supplies.
• Employs appropriate loss prevention procedures.
• Ensures all Dining Services employees adhere to the grooming and uniform policies.
• Works with appropriate staff to coordinate special events.
• Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Participates in Manger on Duty program.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university with two to three years related experience and/or training; or twelve years of experience and/or training in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality as the educational equivalent preferred. Three years of experience and/or training equaling one year of college education.
• SERV-SAFE Certified or equivalent.
• Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.