Hobe Sound, FL
Less than 5 years
Posted 173 days ago
• Supervises the preparation and cooking of food as determined by standard recipes.
• Maintains a quality assurance program that guarantees residents receive fresh, tasty, well-prepared meals, served promptly and politely.
• Develops well-balanced menus in collaboration with Chef.
• Maintains food cost on a daily basis and is responsible to ensure budgetary compliance.
• Responsible for purchasing all food and non-food items.
• Ensures that all Dining Services is stored, handled and prepared under safe sanitary conditions as set forth by the company and the local, state and county health departments.
• Acts as the facility’s representative for any health department of other required inspections; assure compliance, follow up to assure any deficiencies are immediately corrected.
• Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation human resources policy.
• Oversees the scheduling of all food service personnel to maintain compliance with budgetary guideline.
• Assures all department training standards are met and up to date.
• Maintains all department logs and insures bookkeeping policies are followed.
• Establish daily interaction with residents.
• Orders all dining room supplies.
• Employs appropriate loss prevention procedures.
• Ensures all Dining Services employees adhere to the grooming and uniform policies.
• Works with appropriate staff to coordinate special events.
• Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Participates in Manger on Duty program.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university with two to three years related experience and/or training; or twelve years of experience and/or training in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality as the educational equivalent preferred. Three years of experience and/or training equaling one year of college education.
• SERV-SAFE Certified or equivalent.
• Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.