We are seeking a Director of Dining Services that will be responsible to lead the overall operation of the dining services department in a senior living community in Cranston, RI.
- Responsibility for ensuring the food offered to the residents, guests, and employees of the community is of superior quality.
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs
- Maintains excellent relationships with residents, guests, client, and dining department staff
- Onboarding, training, promoting professional growth, and development of the dining services team
- Leadership of all aspects of departmental financial accountability
- Maintains department in “inspection ready” state at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Service Management or related field; or Associate’s degree plus five years of directly related experience- preferred
- Three to five years of senior living experience- preferred
- Five plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting
- Experience with state, federal and local regulatory agency inspections
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer services skills
- Experience with P&L accountability- highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience -highly desirable
- ServSafe® certified