The Director of Digital Strategy is responsible for translating business priorities into digital strategy by collaborating with senior leaders, corporate and business segment stakeholders, the product team and enterprise technology with the end goal of deploying innovative solutions through United Bank digitalchannels. This role will build out strategy that delivers improved user experience through well-defined customer journeys.
Projects are broad in scope and require creativity, flexibility, analytical and structured thinking, and strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to independently drive strategic initiatives from ideas and execute through effective teamwork and networking across the company.
- Responsible for digital presence of United Bank.
- Digitize the entire scope of banking operations with emphasize on improving the customers experience.
- Continue to improve our digital presence and leverage the Digital Network.
- Optimize and manage the technology network in a manner that is efficient, resilient, and yet manages cost effectively.
- Identify needs and ensure ideal software solutions are developed in a timely manner to help increase operational efficiency and leading-edge products.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to the strategy and budgets.
- Partner with Communication and Marketing stakeholders to develop and execute enterprise digital content strategy.
- Leverage data/analytics to track against business priorities and identify new opportunities
- Lead regular digital strategy meetings with leadership from across the enterprise to ensure strategy tactics deliver against business priorities
- Developing long term plans to sustain and support the business, anticipate the future trends.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of mid to senior level professional experience in Banking or Digital systems required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of IT strategic business experience highly desired.
- Firsthand knowledge in supervising development of software solutions.
- Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, Mobile Digital banking, networking, server administration.
- Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support teams.
- Academic experience with exposure in participating in seminars, conferences, research publications representing the organization.
- Up-to-date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities that could impact the Bank’s digital and financial assets responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgements based on information provided and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to travel 10%, some travel may be overnight
- Strategic thinking, executive presence, sound judgment, and ability to influence executives
- Collaborative and results oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional communication, presentation and delivery skills
- Eagerness to learn and achieve proficiency
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region’s premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.