Manages the assigned Digital Marketing team across key functional areas, which may include optimizing and leveraging owned assets, promoting digital services, collaborating with key partners to enhance digital capabilities, and leading paid and social media marketing efforts. Contributes to strategic direction of Digital Marketing, and works closely with partners within marketing to design and execute highly integrated customer experiences and marketing campaigns. Develops and manages strong relationships with internal business partners, including Product Teams, Digital Banking, and Technology, and understands needs of business lines in relation to digital marketing.
- Lead marketing efforts on assigned Digital Marketing functional area (Owned Assets/Paid Search) for the enterprise, inclusive of both the M&T and Wilmington Trust branded products/services and websites, authenticated banking and wealth management portals, and mobile apps.
- Serve as an advocate for, develop the case for, and gain buy-in from senior management to invest in Digital Marketing Technology Platform. Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing execution of Digital Marketing Technology Platform to continue to invest in technologies to make the customer experience better, to enhance information gathering and personalized marketing, and to streamline marketing processes to become more efficient.
- Contribute to development and refinement of our overall content marketing and customer engagement strategy, and execute and optimize content and digital media to drive value to the organization. Understand the differing customer journeys and sales cycles to deliver more efficient and effective return on marketing investment.
- Optimize onsite experiences on mtb.com and wilmingtontrust.com to maximize conversions. Leverage personalization and testing platform by advising business partners as to parameters to test and/or offers to make to customers/clients. Leverage analytics tools to drive insights that will shape investment in marketing and/or technology. Share information to influence business partners and senior executives to enroll the organization in digital efforts. Leverage tools to measure performance while understanding/focusing on the most critical keywords. Establish governance to ensure appropriate items are addressed as pages are built.
- Support and partner with Digital Banking to help drive increased adoption of services (e.g. online banking, bill pay, mobile check deposit), build digital servicing solutions that are on brand and grounded in customer research and analytics, and install marketing capabilities inside the digital servicing solutions to deliver on the business case.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with various vendor partners such as RIO SEO, Conductor, Monitise, etc. to continually leverage best practices in providing personalized experiences to visitors, optimize our visibility in search engines, and leverage every opportunity to deepen relationships with customers and drive sales.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for directly managing a team of 4-6 professional staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree; MBA in Marketing or related discipline strongly preferred.
Minimum 9 years experience in a digital/online marketing role or related discipline, inclusive of a minimum 3 years of staff management experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 13 years higher education and/or relevant work experience, including a minimum 3 years of staff management experience.
Proficiency in Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Tableau, and/or other applications to effectively understand the results of digital efforts and make recommendations for strategy enhancements.