The Director of Digital Marketing will advance the mission of Connecticut Children's Medical Center by managing and enhancing the digital channels and platforms (website, mobile apps, social media, search, e-communications) to drive engagement that builds brand awareness and preference. This position combines strategic, analytic and technical expertise in developing and leading digital marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns with superb leadership qualities to build, mentor and coach a digital marketing team, and build strong relationships organization-wide. This individual will demonstrate strategic thinking and possess a problem-solving mentality, strong digital community and campaign organizing abilities with technical knowledge to guide our web and content development initiatives.
- Lead a new team to expand, maintain and optimize Connecticut Children's digital channels and platforms
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a digital marketing team as well as vendor relationships.
- Define and implement an annual digital marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop digital content marketing strategies (email campaigns, sponsored content, etc.).
- Apply SEO/SEM, social media and A/B testing best practices.
- Lead implementation and optimization of CRM/PRM platform.
- Create lead nurture programs and define lead attribution model, measurement and tracking for downstream ROI analysis.
- Establish digital engagement KPIs and develop dashboards to report on all digital marketing initiatives.
- Keep abreast of emerging digital trends and technologies, interface with IT and other internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementations and data integration. Serve as an enterprise-wide resource and knowledge manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field with a minimum of 10 years' progressive experience in digital marketing in an agency or corporate setting. Strong preference for Healthcare related experience.
- Deep understanding of driving marketing performance through effective content delivery and design, marketing communications automation and inbound quality lead capture.
Proven experience engaging and growing consumer interest via digital channels. Strong track record of managing internal and external web properties.
- Expertise in website design, UI, UX, SEO and web analytics, and creating multi-channel customer journeys to engage, acquire, activate, and retain supporters.
- Excels in organizational leadership and mentoring and coaching a team.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to the position, including: keyword tagging and search engine optimization; familiarity with appropriate software applications.