Director of DigitalMarketing (B2C)
The Director, Digital Marketing (B2C) is responsible for all pet-owner facing inbound digital marketing channels across VFC brands including acquisition and engagement strategy, across a portfolio of email marketing, SMS, SEM, Paid Social, 1:1 Display and Emerging Channels. The ideal candidate will be an expert in cross-platform digital development, email marketing, push notification strategy and revenue attribution. This role will be responsible for complex health-outcome focused email campaigns, combining data-driven content strategies and automated deployment in support of concrete goals for both revenue and pet wellness. Works in close partnership with data science, creative, operations, sales and engineering to ensure seamless experience to our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct and lead the development of a digital strategy and requirements that maximize revenue growth for multiple brands.
- Define and make recommendations in respect to roadmaps for the email and other client-facing digitalchannels.
- Create and manage messaging calendars that support social media programs and promotions.
- Work collaboratively across groups to form cross-functional strategies; effectively translate digital strategy and results for stakeholders across the organization.
- Partner closely with internal consumer application engineering team and e-commerce business team to evaluate, design and deploy engaging digitalexperiences across mobile and tablet platforms.
- Utilize web and database analytics tools to measure incremental growth and conversion rates providing leadership with ongoing metrics ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Use statistically relevant testing methods to maximize prospect lead generation and transactions.
- Review competitive landscape and best practices, and make adjustments to plans and activities based upon identified information.
- Make recommendations for changes and consistent testing strategies that will increase email effectiveness based on findings.
- Immediate management responsibilities for team of 6+ experienced Marketing professionals.
- Will partner with VP Consumer Marketing and Marketing Leadership to develop a strategic roadmap for the future growth of a core B2C team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field of study (Math, Economics, Physical Sciences) or related experience. Advanced degreepreferred.
- 8+ years of experience in e-commerce/e-marketing roles at a leading digital property or advertising/marketing agency.
- 3+ years proven management / strategy development experience.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Experience leading teams through website development, online applications and digital outbound communications.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices in behaviorally triggered email programs and integrated cross-channel marketing.
- Keen editorial eye with regards to both email copy and design specifications.
- Working knowledge of usability and generally accepted digital user interface guidelines and best practices.
- Working knowledge of digitaltechnologies such as database design, scriptinglanguages, and development environments.
- Ability to lead a team, and experience working with engineering, marketing, and creative staff in a fast-paced agile environment
- Solid communication, critical thinking, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self directed operating with passion, urgency, focus and discipline.
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Pet-friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.