- Developing a long-term strategy to achieve successful audience growth and engagement, in collaboration with the senior management team, marketing and communications departments, for the Orchestra on digital, social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
- Builds an annual digital content plan that incorporates winning strategies for relevant digital platforms including ASO.org and all social media platforms.
- Creates a compelling digital content strategy and develops key internal and external partnerships to ensure high quality experiences for the Orchestra audience.
- Is solution-oriented and able to quickly prioritize and oversee production of relevant content.
- Closely collaborates with internal colleagues to support institutional goals and set priorities.
- Interprets stated artistic and organizational goals and guides the content, production and technical teams to achieve successful outcomes.
- Manages the Orchestra’s digital content budget.
- Identifies digital content partnerships to enable growth.
- Creates and ensures a healthy ongoing content development process that enables creative ideas and inspires creative people both internal and external to the Orchestra.
- Regularly reviews and assesses digital content metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Digital Content reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. Direct reports include Content Manager.
- Knowledge of and experience with production of classical music and/or alternate entertainment genres.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality audio and video content on digital platforms and launching new digital content initiatives.
- Experience developing and maintaining complex content budgets and building business cases for expansion.
- Deep understanding of best practices and winning content approaches for social networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other emerging platforms, and ability to work within those guidelines to adapt to/consider the unique aspects of the orchestra business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A working knowledge of classical music, including familiarity and comfort with performing arts environments and best practices.
- Five years practical, hands-on digital/video content creation.
- Three years of experience as a digital team leader in the creative area of a complex media environment.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management.