Do you have experience as a Dietary Manager? Do you want more flexibility in cooking and creating menus? Do you find fulfillment in building relationships and caring for other's needs? We pride ourselves on taking care of each resident's dietary concerns on an individual basis and creating a "wow" experience for our residents? Apply for our Director of Dietary Services role today!
The Director of Dietary Services will plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Dietary Department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the facility. This position produces and serves of high-quality meals. The Dietary Services Director will organize, supervise, and train dietary employees. The Director of Dietary Services is responsible to create menus and purchase food and supplies needed. This position is accountable to maintain a sanitary and infection free environment. The Director of Dietary Services collaborates in creating care plans based on dietary needs and making adjustments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a graduate of an approved dietary manger's course that meets the state and federal care regulations. If not a graduate, the employee must be presently enrolled in a dietary manager course or be enrolled with four months of the next approved dietary manager course. Graduation from a course in food service supervision which meets the standards established by the American Dietetic Association or a graduate of another course in food service supervision with 90 or more hours in classroom instruction with on-the-job counseling by a dietitian.
- Experience with PointClickCare preferred
- Previous experience in the dietary department of a health-care facility preferred.
- Must be able to obtain certification as a Dietary Manager.
- Basic knowledge of dietetic principles, food sanitation, and food service operation.
- Ability to read, understand and follow recipes direction, diet orders and work assignments.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation.
- Knowledge of and ability to meet regulations of: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); State Health Department; State Food Codes; OSHA, Life Safety Codes; Facility Policies and Procedures.