The Director position is responsible for approx. 20 staff in an organization of approximately 80, and for technical management of numerous external company partners. The position reports to the Head of US Device Development and is a member of the US and Global Device Development Leadership teams as well as a member of the Device Technical Advisory Committee, which is accountable for guiding the device technology selection and technical development strategy for Genentech’s combination products portfolio. The Director is expected to set and execute strategies required to evolve the organization’s technical Device Development capabilities and advance the company’s ability to deliver innovative and robust, competitive technologies for the commercial market over a mid- to long-term horizon. Responsibilities
- Specific responsibilities related to the management of the Device Technology Development Organization include
- End-to-end development/customization of platform and innovative technologies for products in the pipeline including technical development of specialized devices for intraocular delivery
- Continuous improvement of available device technology platforms in partnership with the Roche EU Device Development group.
- Accountability for Sponsorship and/or Leadership of product device teams
- Spearheading clinical studies to inform device technology development
- Technical management and support of alliance management for numerous external partners, including membership and organizational representation on Joint Steering Committees
- Participation and leadership in global industry consortiums and conferences
- Management of $2-3MM budget for technology development
The successful candidate must foster an internal environment of cross-functional collaboration, accountability, and technical rigor; providing regular, visible leadership in advancing device technologies. They will also regularly ensure a positive external reputation in combination product development. Relationship building is key for this role. The leader must effectively influence across partner and stakeholder functions to facilitate the overall effectiveness of Roche device assets. This responsibility includes ensuring effective interfaces with Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Clinical Development and counterpart technical groups. In addition to technical leadership, You thrive on collaboration and in a communal environment with a deep commitment to people development, employee engagement and shaping an environment of continuous improvement is desired in this leadership role.
Who You Are
- 15+ years industrialexperience in Pharma device technology development, with at least 5 years of significant leadership/management experience.
- Significant exposure to biologic combination product development
- Demonstrated achievement in the effective development of device technologies, technology innovation, and championing business practice improvements
- Sound working knowledge of Design Controls and global regulatory requirements for development and commercialization of biologic combination products
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to strengthen innovation, guide and manage organizational change
Job ID: 2534037929