Job ID 564706BR
The role of this New York-based Director of Development is to support the Marvel New Media group in all areas of the development, production and management of original content, both for Marvel-owned platforms and other third-party distribution outlets.
This person will be responsible for managing a wide range of projects that support both New Media and other Marvel lines of business. The role includes work in content strategy, talent outreach, production and coordination with the sales, audience development, marketing and product teams. The role will involve some management of other Marvel staff members as well as heavy collaboration both with other Marvel departments and companies outside of Marvel.
- Development of new content for a variety of formats and platforms. This work will entail collaboration with internal Marvel departments, as well as external production companies
- Creation and review of treatments and one-pagers for various editorial, audio and video projects being run by the Marvel New Media team
- Production management of short-form and long-form content for both owned and third-party platforms; including working withinternal and external producers on the planning of projects and ensuring timetables and budgets are adhered to
- Support of individual productions through creative notes as well as the overseeing of dissemination of rough cuts for review, managing third-party relationships, final asset delivery, etc
- Collaboration with Sales and Partnerships in the creation of sponsored and branded content. Will need to lead brainstorms for content ideas, oversee the content planning and ensure production is executed as needed
- Collaboration with other Marvel lines of business in content creation to support larger Marvel initiatives. Will be responsible for leading brainstorms, creating content packages and strategies and tracking the production, approval and releaseschedules of content
- Coordination with Legal, Business Affairs, Brand, etc…to ensure that Marvel is protected and all risks have been addressed and discussed
Candidate will report directly to the VP, Development and Production Management.
- At least 5 years of production experience – preferably for a media or entertainment related company. Experience in documentary and narrative video content is not necessary, but preferred
- At least 5 years in platform agnostic content development and management.
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on current social media platforms
- The ability to work with a team to take a video project from the kernel of an idea to a finished product (whether scripted or unscripted) – while overseeing all financial, technical and logistical aspects of the production
- The dexterity and demeanor to work with a variety of personalities and teams of people both inside and outside of the company to accomplish the goals set forth
- Great oral and written communication skills and a comfort speaking to large groups of people
- An instinct for a story's lifecycle across multiple digital platforms
- Mature, interpersonal skills with an openness to objective, constructive criticism
- Experience in the distribution of short-form or long-form content for digital and broadcast platforms
- Experience managing a diverse group of external production companies.
Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.