North Hollywood, CA
Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 3 days ago
Our client is a nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of thousands of LA County's most vulnerable children, young people, and families. Their strong and innovative programs have made them a valued partner of the community. They are seeking a Director of Development and Communications to help lead the organization's corporate, individual and foundation fundraising.
- Oversee all aspects of resource development including major gifts, foundations and corporate giving
- Bring new development opportunities to the Agency including individuals and corporations
- Plan and implement strategic initiatives related to communications, program outreach and resource/fund development
- Implement improved/efficient systems, policies and materials for all communications and development efforts
- Forge new business opportunities and ensure interaction between programs within the organization
- Maintain awareness of public policy issues that affect the agency and advocate for issues that further the agency mission
- Forge and maintain relationships with city, county, state and federal elected officials
- Promote the Agency and programs within the community and online to improve program outreach and awareness.
- Oversee online communications initiatives including website, Google Adwords, facebook, twitter, etc.
Serve as agency liaison community events & community association meetings including VICA
- Non-profit experience in a management role
- Bachelors Degree, required
- 6+ years expertise in fundraising, general development and events
- 5+ years experience in communications and marketing
- Proven raising record from 1.5 million to 2.0 million dollars annually
- Experience with Government and Private Foundations
- A passion for helping children in the community and a strong belief in the organization's mission