Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an experienced fundraiser to be responsible for fundraising for fundraising in Orange County. All Jewish National Fund - USA team members are expected to have a portfolio of donors and prospects who make meaningful annual gifts, with the expectation that there are yearly increases in the number of donors to JNF's National Campaign at all gift levels.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation, and recognition of donors, both new and prospective, with a minimum standard of five meetings per week with donors and prospects. Please note that face to face solicitations will be the main part of your position and should encompass the majority of your time.
- Have a portfolio which may include managing committees and affinity groups like: the Women for Israel campaign, Lawyers for Israel, Doctors for Israel, and others, in coordination with local and regional lay leadership
- Identify and develop major gift and new donor prospects
- Have introductory communications with all donors in your portfolio
- Work closely with key lay leaders, on and off your board, to empower them to help you grow the campaign
- Leverage the great reputation which Jewish National Fund -USA has in Orange County and work closely with board and committee members and other key lay leaders to expand our footprint
- Enter all touch points and activities in our dynamic and robust donor database keeping the information relating to the donors current. We expect professionals to learn Jewish National Fund Salesforce Database Management System and other software tools as applicable and become proficient in them
- Recruit for Jewish National Fund Missions to Israel
- Recruit for Jewish National Fund National Conference
- Develop fundraising events such as Dinners, parlor meetings, virtual meetings with our affiliates in Israel, and more
- You will be expected to attend meetings and events which also take place in the evening and weekends
- Travel within the US and internationally, which may include Missions to Israel, Jewish National Fund National Conference, and Staff Conference
- Any other duties that your Supervisor may assign to you
- 5+ years fundraising or sales experience, must have proven ability to solicit and close donations with donors
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Jewish community in Orange County and surrounding areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and speaking
- Creative self starter, dependable, self-disciplined individual who is able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Superior problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, depending on scheduled JNF events and donor, prospect and lay leadership schedules.
- Travel to other regions and Israel
- Candidate will be required to work nights, weekends as needed
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Database/Salesforce)