The Director of Development will identify, cultivate, solicit, close and steward gifts from the University's high level donors. The officer will manage a portfolio of major gifts prospects as part of a comprehensive advancement program. This position reports to and works closely with the Vice President for Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and oversees with the development leadership team the program content, strategies, goals and objectives for Hampton's major gift initiative.
- Coordinates major giving program with annual fund, planned giving, foundations and corporations, alumni, and communications offices.
- Personally manages a portfolio up to 100-125 donors/prospects capable of making gifts of $25,000 and greater.
- Make an average of 20 face-to-face visits per month for the purpose of solicitation and identification of major gifts prospects.
- With fund raising team, execute MOVES Managem