The Director of Development, Corporate and Foundation Giving position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
This Director of Development will provide leadership for the strategic development and management of a comprehensive corporate and foundation development program. The Director will be responsible for achieving individual fundraising goals, and will work closely with donors and prospects, Community Health Network’s executive leadership, as well as clinical and non-clinical partners across the Network.
Seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in fundraising or business development. An understanding of health care fundraising is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in corporate and foundation prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation.
- Communication: Superior written and oral communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail the ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support.
- Data analytics: Ability to overlay data from multiple sources, analyze trends, and make informed decisions.
- Business acumen: Ability to determine strategies to invest in based on long-term impact of actions and ability to make counter-intuitive or risky decisions using evidence available.
- Stakeholder centricity: Ability to listen and respond to the needs of various stakeholders, including top executives, physicians, staff, and community leaders.
- Innovative attitude: Ability to take risks and bring new ideas to the table.
- Leadership skills: Ability to influence, direct, and guide subject matter experts across Community Health Network
Fundraising, Corporate Giving, Foundations