Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Director of Development - Data & Analytics on the Trisept Solutions team. Trisept Solutions is looking to materially level up its Data & Analytics capabilities and we are seeking an experienced Director of Development to shape and drive our technical strategy for data, analytics and business intelligence. You will significantly advance our thinking as it relates to how to design, build and scale practical data applications. You will have a proven track record of building out high performing teams and data platforms leveraging modern architectural concepts and development practices. In this role, you will be charged with building out and evolving our core data & analytics teams, and to lead delivery of secure and scalable business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions that advances our data & analytics platform.
A successful Director of Development - Data & Analytics will:
- Work closely with the Product, Architecture and the Executive Team to mold the team's vision
- Craft the "how" for Trisept Solutions' and Apple Leisure Group's enterprise data and analytics platform
- Lead initiatives to develop best-in-class, high performing, easy-to-use, self-service BI visualization solutions to help solve complex business challenges we face every day, and put the data and data analysis in the hands of the business users
- Be well-versed in modern data management, data modeling, data architecture and data storage concepts
- Have experience standing up, maintaining, and supporting data infrastructure to support operational data stores, data warehouses, and business intelligence (BI) stacks and advanced analytics / machine-learning (ML) tooling
- Work closely with product management, architecture, and security teams to define technical requirements, establish data governance, guide architectural vision, and prioritize efforts
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional data engineers, analysts and data scientists
- Directly manage, coach and guide team members to thrive as part of high performing agile teams
- Define data related policies and procedures and establish data governance to drive consistency in data, metrics/KPIs, and tool usage across Trisept Solutions and its customers
- Advance our thinking on how to best leverage large volumes of data and data analysis for Apple Leisure Group's vertically-integrated business model
- Support and evangelize data-driven continuous improvement through experimentation, testing and quantitative measurement
- Architect the management of enterprise data, the tracking of metrics, and the definition of KPIs to drive business decisions and proactively conduct deep dives into the business, through analytical methods, to define where opportunities may exist to improve Trisept's product
- Lay the technical foundation for future advanced analytics/machine learning initiatives
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, MIS, Information Technology, Business or related field; OR seven to ten years related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years' experience in an e-commerce transactional environment and direct experience with web analytics, big data and site optimization
- Excellent executive level communications skills
- Experience with identifying, planning and implementing new tools and migration between BI technologies
- Familiarity with data warehousing best practices and industry landscape around commercial business intelligence technologies (such as Power BI, Qlik, Birst, Cognos BI, and Tableau)
- Hands-on experience building BI/data prototypes
- Deep understanding of data analysis and modeling techniques and algorithms
- Strong background in web analytics
- Proficiency in SQL and analytical tools
- Proven leadership ability with demonstrated experience in building and leading teams
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the travel tech industry
- Advanced working knowledge of management and manipulation of large datasets
- Experience building and deploying cloud based data infrastructure on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with machine learning (ML) frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch; statistical modeling languages, like R or Scala; and scripting languages, like Python
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Snowflake, Spark, Flink, Cassandra or Dynamo, Kafka, etc.
About Apple Leisure Group:
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
About Trisept Solutions:
Trisept Solutions was formed in 2000 with a team that leveraged more than 15 years of thought leadership, development and operational excellence in the field of leisure travel technology. We were the first to master the concept of dynamic travel packaging in the electronic world, and today serve airlines, hotel companies, resorts, tour operators, travel agencies, tourist bureaus, airline alliances, theme parks, and other suppliers. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices across the United States, we employ a committed team of over 200 technology professionals.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.