$90K — $110K *
Director of Development
Big Sky Bravery
Bozeman, Montana, United States
To help show our gratitude to the elite military members who risk their lives to protect us, our civilian-based organization is dedicated to providing post-deployment decompression programs in Montana’s restorative surroundings. Our programs are tailored to tend to the unique needs of these elite military members by building trust, brotherhood, and friendships at this critical time in their lives as a means to improve their psychological and emotional wellbeing.
Our organization is currently seeking a Director of Development to oversee our donor relations, manage our fundraising initiatives, and head a capital campaign of $8.5 million to secure our own lodge in Big Sky, MT. The recipient of this position will be responsible for developing our fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
The Director of Development is responsible for helping BSB achieve its mission through fundraising activities and donor relations. The DD will be responsible for managing the overall fundraising plan in support of the organization. In doing so, the DD will be a crucial part of the staff leadership team, working closely with the Board’s yearly goals for growth.
· Report to the President, Board of Directors, and the entire team as needed
· Full-time position. We'd prefer the candidate to work in Bozeman, MT, but may work remotely across the U.S.
· Weekends, evenings, as well as fundraising events are required
SALARY + BENEFITS:
· Full healthcare coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana (Silver PPO Plan)
· Flexible time off (minimum of 2 weeks required)
· 401k Contribution
· Build and execute an annual development plan with the President and Board of Directors
· Identify, develop, and maintain donor relationships
· Manage fundraising initiatives
· Create and manage a Capital Campaign of $8.5 million and initiate endowment investments
· Work with staff on collaborating fundraising and donor appreciation events
· Speak at public events as needed
· Oversee Bloomerang and donation tracking
· Write and submit grants as necessary
· Assist with the annual budget
· Produce donor reports
· Bachelor's Degree, CFRE a plus
· Respect and appreciation for our military
· Experience with sensitive and confidential information
· Public speaking experience
· Endowments and Capital Campaigns familiarity with 5+ years of successful fundraising experience
· Oral and written communication skills
· Computer and technology proficiency
· Diverse population and demographic familiarity
· Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
· Valid Driver's License
· US Citizen
· Travel availability as needed nationally and internationally
1. What do you believe is the key to successful fundraising?
2. Please give three examples of successful fundraising initiatives you developed and implemented.
3. Please explain in detail your experience with previous Capital Campaigns/Endowments.
Valid through: 7/8/2021