Treasure Data is seeking a Design Director to lead design for our CDP (Customer Data Platform).
The Treasure Data CDP unifies customer data from disparate sources to deliver a holistic view of the customer enabling insights and actions with the objective of optimizing personalized customer journeys. Treasure Data has differentiated technologies to ingest and unify customer data, perform machine learning on customer data and syndicate with other software products for activation. Numerous large global customers, like Subaru, Panasonic, LG and Wish trust Treasure Data to handle their complexity, scale and security needs.
As a Design Director, you will be working alongside people who have been at the forefront of big data technology, who will depend on you to help mentor and grow our world class UX team. Most importantly, you will have the ability to make a product impact rapidly, with a generous amount of autonomy, support, and respect for design company-wide. We have reached a critical inflection point where we need design strategy and execution to propel us to the next level.
In this position, you will help Treasure Data build the next generation of SaaS applications that allow marketers to deliver the right message, at the right time, leveraging the right data. You willwork closely withproduct managers to understand our users and help define problems. You will lead and collaborate with other designers and leverage their varied backgrounds andexperiences to drive product. You will work day-to-day with engineers to help deliver high quality features and functionality.
Things you will do
- Lead, coach and mentor the UX design team and recruit great talent
- Define and iterate on our design philosophy/strategy, UX approach, style guidelines, principles, UX and Information architecture, processes and tools
- Evangelize design thinking across the company
- Develop thought leadership on our space, research problems, develop concepts and get executive alignment, generate breakthrough ideas for UX
- Generate user and customer insights and bring these insights into the product development process
- Be a hands-on leader making valuable contributions while helping other team members be more effective
- Work closely with product and engineering to deliver product features and functionality with aggressive timelines
Your background and skills and include
- 8+ years experience with design including strategy, architecture, interaction and visuals, and 3+ years leading a design team
- Leadership over the entire design process and a passion for current design methods and trends
- The following experiences are valuable:
- SaaS targeting large enterprises
- Technical domains such as data management
- Variety of branding, product, research and creative work where you’ve played a key part in leading the design team to success
- Deep experience with the rigorous creation, implementation, and maintenance of design systems and components
- Empathy for end users and other stakeholders, including the internal team members and comfort with ambiguity and imperfection
- Experience with mature processes at larger companies as well as rapid, less-defined and iterative processes at startups