SoFi Loans is a suite of lending products that help people manage and achieve their financial goals through student loan, personal loan, and mortgage offerings. Our highly regarded products have been at the core of SoFi’s offerings for a number of years. The company started with student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. And now we have grown an offering that helps individuals through all of their financial life chapters through product improvements, new features and a more holistic financial ecosystem.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. As a company, we do this through setting ambitious goals, tackling the hard problems and innovating to dissolve boundaries between financial offerings always with the best interest of our members in mind.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
What you’ll do:
- Define the design strategy for our loan product suite
- Manage stakeholder audience including Product, Engineering, Marketing & Ops
- Strategize with VP of Product, VP of Eng, and leaders in their teams from conception to shipping, ensuring a member-centric approach and high quality, polished outcome.
- Push and develop the team’s ability to challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Partner with Director of Research to ensure thoughtful and well utilized investigations to build a stronger understanding of product evolution
- Be a leading architect on how members will engage with Loans in the context of their complete financial life.
- Collaborate directly with the Design Leadership team across SoFi products to ensure consistent, complimentary experiences across the product line.
- Lead, inspire, and grow a team of designers
What you’ll need:
- 15+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- 5+ yrs leading teams of designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building a business
- Expert in best practices in UX, design and information architecture across responsive web, iOS, and Android.
- Experience with current design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, etc.)
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design