At Farris Engineering the Demand Planning function will coordinate and be responsible for $30M in annual global material purchasing. It will serve as a conduit between Global Supply Chain (GSC), Global Operations, the Commercial organization and the Finance and Business Planning function. The Demand Planning function is responsible for collecting demand forecast associated with the products intended to be distributed in a given market.
The Demand Planning Manager will collaborate with the leadership team and other key roles within Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations to establish and then lead these functions through the standard execution of a global S&OP process.
This role will be responsible to gather demand information from internal and external (distribution representatives and remanufacture builders) customers and determines optimal inventory needs using multi-echelon planning techniques. It will lead the application of best practices, process and concepts to ensure high level of accuracy in the forecasting process and develops methodologies to track variances to forecasts and make improvements to the process. It will lead business intelligence (BI) reporting capabilities for all of Farris Operations and drives consistency across different peer groups.
This key role will report directly to the Senior Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Full and successfully demonstrated understanding of MRP and Demand Planning tools and mechanics on how they work together.
- Manage demand planning globally that will deliver an operational unit forecast by market/type and SKU that will be used for supply planning purposes.
- Use the commercial forecast as a baseline to develop an operational forecast by incorporating business intelligence and demand forecast information gathered from historical sales, predictive analytics and a consensus building process with the market and/or demand source.
- Lead execution of a business process to translate annual sales plan (in dollars and units) into a sales budget in units that can be used to drive supply chain activity for existing and new products.
- Lead demand aggregation process by identifying different demand sources and develop AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for Asset Purchases to meet sales and distribution expansion.
- Gather and analyze demand needs from domestic and international sales groups and ensure they are rolled in the forecast process. Engage with Regional Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Business Unit leaders to evaluate forecasts vs. actual sales (volume, trends, and mix).
- Collaborate with Product Management, Field reps and assemblers, engineering as well as project teams, to enhance capability of the S&OP Process to achieve better End-to-End planning and visibility.
- Lead reporting development for internal Farris Operations by collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure accurate metrics are identified and reports are moved over to Cognos Data warehouse.
- Evaluate enhancements and developments of Demand Planning and Inventory optimization tools like Infor LN, Demantra, Manugistics, OMP, Logility etc.
- Collaborate with IT Organization to improve the planning system. Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process. Timely preparation and publication of demand dashboard using relevant reporting tools.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Demonstrated successful experience with statistical and forecasting tools.
- Demonstrated successful experience with Demand Planning software Infor LN, Demantra, JDA/Manugistics, Logility, etc.
- Ability to work in extremely fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Advanced expertise in Excel modeling, Access/SQL, Power Point; Visual Basics a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance/Supply Chain/Marketing from four-year college or university
- MBA (preferred)
- CPIM required
- APICS SCOR-P endorsement (preferred)
- Tenyears plus of global demand planningexperiencein high mix/low volume environment preferably related metal machining and sourcing
- Expert in discrete project business planning business
- Expert in mix/model product selling and flow
- Minimum five years of supervisory/management experiencerequired
- Expert experience in team management, effective resource planning and coaching for performance.
- Expert in-depth understanding of systems driven forecasting methods and formulas.
- Expert knowledge of Workforce Management tools.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills to work at all levels
- Previous examples of where you have successfully driven and implemented Demand Planning, SCM and S&OP processes.
- The ability to explain complex information in an easy to understand manner and generate "buy-in" from key stakeholders inside and outside your department
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.