Kateeva is looking for a Newark, California based Director of Demand Planning & Control to support the business of Kateeva’s proprietarily manufactured equipment for fabricating the next generation of flat screen displays—organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays. Kateeva has developed unique printing technology ideally suited for OLED display manufacturing and is building a talented, top-notch team to develop, optimize, and commercialize OLED manufacturing processes based on this technology.
As Director, Demand Planning & Control, you will create and manage forecasts, respond to environmental changes, and perform data analytics for global demand. The Director of Demand Planning & Control will manage the functions of masterscheduling, production planning, and production control within the operations team. He/she will ensure key performance indicators are defined, measured, analyzed and improved in support of corporate goals. He/she will achieve this by partnering and integrating with key resources including business operations, sales, finance, supply chain and manufacturing while building out the functionality of the team.
We are at a critical phase of establishing a robust infrastructure to support Kateeva’s rapid growth as we continue to expand our install base of tools and equipment with industry leaders. The Demand Planning & Control leader will need to have the ability to be strategic as well as perform as a hands on leader who will work collaboratively with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Analyze, define and implement forecasting methodology that leverage product and customer segmentation
- Ensure the company is effectively and efficiently using its capacity and inventory to meet customer needs
- Own build plan for the business ensuring that sales, supply chain and manufacturing are aligned around integrated plan
- Lead inventory management process and accountability
- Drive continuous improvement of planning methods and systems to improve productivity
- Strengthen forecasting process that allows for visibility and timely responses to changes
- Collaborate with NPI and Procurement teams to plan for material through the product life cycle
- Work closely with Procurement team to manage Long Lead Item risk buys to ensure Kateeva end-customer delivery request is achieved
- Maintain demand planning master data MRP parameters to ensure accurate demand signals
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing, product development teams, sales operations, material planners, and logistics
- Continuously evaluate and improve all demand management KPIs
- Manage difficult issues and implement positive change as required
- Effectively manage projects, timelines, and change management throughout the company
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or Engineering
- Minimum 10 years related experience in demand planning, materials management, and/or supply-chain planning in a manufacturing company
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, be comfortable driving cross-functional change management, and create and execute a strategic roadmap related to supply chain excellence
- Experience with Advanced Planning Systems (SAP/APO) is strong plus
- Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification are highly preferred.
- Able to work in a high-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and a passion for being hands-on in their work
- Experience leading a team and navigating within a matrixed structure preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with experience working in a global organization
- Highly collaborative and flexible with proven project management skills
- Work effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization
- Manufacturing or capital equipment experience highly regarded
- Result oriented with work ethic, and the commitment to do whatever it takes to get the job done