The Director of Data Services is managing Sr. Managers, manager who are managing teams consist of Business System Analysts, Data Analysts / SQL Developers, Reporting Analysts, and Data Quality Control Analysts. The primary role of Data Services is to manage and shepherd data through the entire production lifecycle of a class action or similar matter. Each case, while unique, undergoes a similar lifecycle and series of operations, including initial gathering/scrubbing/loading of client data, notifying potential class members, receiving claim information, computing and disbursing settlement amounts, and so on..
- Define and maintain overall Data Services strategy and roadmap. Prioritize team efforts to deliver incremental near-term value while working toward long-term vision.
- Partner with Product Development, Technology Servics Engineering, Privacy, and Compliance Leads to ensure Data Services systems meet all privacy and security requirements
- Regularly communicate product roadmap and status of key initiatives to internal stakeholders and executives.
- Collaborate with leaders across the lines of business to ensure Data Services team is a consistent thought partner in servicing the various data needs within the organization.
- Define, track and improve key metrics and success criteria for major data services initiatives.
- Manages the budgeting for the department
- Ensure operational effectiveness in performance, uptime, release management, storage and data security for all supported data systems.
- Manage resources to achieve financial objectives, goals, and targets as established by executive management.
- Perform immediate, near-term, and long-term planning and budgeting.
- Maintain appropriate operational readiness (staffing, resource levels, core skills, etc.) to perform essential services within standard.
- Establish succession planning and develop leadership within the department.
- Provide direction, goals, objectives, etc.
- Serve as ultimate escalation point for issues, problems, complex technical decisions, etc.
- For direct reports set individual goals and objectives, conduct performance reviews and coaching, establish development plans, and provide mentorship.
- Address all staffing and resource issues, establish performance improvement plans as necessary, work with HR and executive management as warranted.
- Establish professional relationships with peer-level managers, other department heads and team managers, and work with them to continuously improve ECA operations.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in software development, operations, project management, production manufacturing, or similar environment with multiple projects or products in flight with complex interdependencies.
- 10+ years' experience managing large teams and/or multi-discipline teams.
- Understanding of relational database concepts, tools, performance, techniques, industry standards and best practices.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and SDLC.
- Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong "people" orientation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluency in English.
- Desire and willingness to develop leadership skills and to lead by example.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain cooperative professional relationships.