As the Director of Data Science, you will be responsible for building and running the Data Science Team to discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
The Data Science Team will apply data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems, integrated with our products in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
You will have a key role in determining the strategy that KnowBe4 will take in the application of Machine Learning in its future products and platforms.
- Provide genuine recommendations as to the as to hire, fire, discipline and promotion of subordinate employees which the company gives significant weight
- Help build a portfolio of products and features using artificial intelligence, machine learning and advanced computing.
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements.
- Provide leadership and technical vision for your team.
- Ensure that your teams follow our established SDLC policies.
- 2+ years managing software engineering teams (Director-level experience not required).
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning and AI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics or Computer Science.
- Strong experience building machine learning models using Tensorflow and Python or similar technologies.
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying models in AWS. Sagemaker, RDS experience is a plus.
- Strong background in statistics.
- Expert level knowledge in R or Python for data science.
- Experience with Spark for machine learning.
- Experience with ML model selection.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with relational databases and the 'big data' ecosystem and tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Preferred Skills but not required:
- Expertise in deep learning
- Expertise in reinforcement learning
- Expertise in Big Data technologies
- Expertise in Java
- Experience setting up a data science platform