MGM Resorts International’s Advanced Analytics team is looking for a Director of Data Science who will be responsible for leading data driven solutions development to improve business decisions across the organization. This role requires an excellent collaborator, communicator and leader with extensive hands-on project management experience. The successful candidate is a problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment and will be able to manage multiple projects development simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised
Analytics Process Development
- Design and maintain highly scalable data pipelines to reduce data redundancy or inconsistency.
- Identify and locate relevant information; convert raw data into formats using data manipulation, data cleansing techniques and fuzzy matching to maximize data efficiency servicing predictive model development.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing data structures.
- Develop predictive and optimization models; measure model performance and validity using statistical techniques.
- Design, document, deploy and maintain analytical reports utilizing data manipulation techniques to demonstrate KPIs.
- Analyze data from various sources to infer, predict and recommend relevant and actionable insights.
- Translate complex dataset, statistical analysis and models into web based graphs or interactive reports.
- Guide business partners to form and shape business objectives.
- Strategize analytical support to maximize KPI including adjusting offer aggressiveness and contact strategy through marketing campaigns with budget control.
- Manage plan creation and change control for projects including campaign testing and model development by defining scope, resources, timeline and evaluation measurement.
- Manage risks and problems with actionable solutions and reflect modifications efficiently during projects execution process.
- Manage development progress including making appropriate adjustment and update with business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field.
- At least 6 years of experience in Marketing Analytics, Revenue Optimization, statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical fields.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.