Director of Data Quality
The Director of Data Quality is responsible for leading a team of SAS programmers and ensuring the team certifies the quality of all internal and external data-based deliverables. This includes documentation and implementation of quality control plans for every data-based deliverable. They are responsible for establishing standardized data flows, processing specifications, data quality checks and documentation. A strong desire and ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization (particularly with technology and with diverse clients) is critical: ensuring the data is of appropriate quality for each use case. The DDQ will collaborate with other groups, such as Assessment Development, Assessment Delivery, Technology, Scoring Services, Psychometrics and external partners to collect all necessary inputs to identify the data flow and analyses requirements. They will work on complex non-routine problems, pulling in appropriate resources as necessary to ensure solutions are fully vetted, valid and implementable.
- Lead a data quality team focused on the systematic implementation of data quality checks across programs
- Define, document, articulate, and implement the data quality specifications across programs and products and how they will be met.
- Serve as the client facing representative of Questar; responsible for explaining the elements of our data-based deliverables and encouraging valid uses.
- Design standardized data quality checks aligned with accepted measurement practices and data analyses standards.
- Ensure adherence to cross functional process standards
- Provide technical support, mentorship and supervision to less experienced staff.
- Responsible for collaborating cross functionally to develop data flow and data quality analyses plans including requirements, tasks, and milestones.
- Serve as an advocate for our data capabilities when working with other functional groups and help drive towards a cost effective, efficient, solution that aligns with what the client is trying toachieve
- Think critically as new challenges arise, generate solutions, review with leaders as necessary, and define the specifications that will allow others to implement the solution.
- Monitor current processes, identify opportunities for improvement, design, and document improvements.
- Influence people without having direct management
- Effectively engage and present to all levels within the organization; educate employees about data and analyses procedures and reasons behind best practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or an equivalent quantitative discipline; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience working with assessment data and conducting statistical analyses;
- Minimum three years of experience as a supervisor or mentor
- SAS and SQL programming, or experience in similar software
- An in-depth understanding of the data flow necessary to support the development, delivery, and use of assessments
- Experience in establishing and implementing quality control plans
- Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, anticipate potential problems and develop preventative measures
- Self-driven and self-motivator with the ability to have a positive influence on others
- Outstanding Customer relationship management skills and a comprehensive understanding of how our customers make use of their data-based deliverables
- Skill in Negotiating – Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in an open and collaborative manner with others to arrive at tactical and strategic decisions
- Ability to identify, evaluate and implement new strategies to generate efficiencies of all related operational processes
- Decision Making – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; is a change agent for the organization
- Flexibility – Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals withambiguity
- Leadership – Influences, motivates, and challenges others; regularly adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations
- Organizational Awareness – Knows the organization's mission and functions and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively within them; this includes the programs, policies, procedures, rules, standard operating procedures, and regulations of the organization
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
- Team Building – Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishments. Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with client groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, trust. Develops leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding and guiding employees.
- Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; includes translating functional requirements into technical requirements used for logical design or presenting alternative technologies or approaches
Mental Job Requirements:
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
- Ability to document detailed specifications and to make presentations outside the immediate work area
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned work
- Skill in working independently with minimal direction; good time management
- Use Microsoft Office suite of products proficiently including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point to accomplish daily tasks
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.