Director of Data Engineering
New York, NY
Candidates must possess knowledge of ETL, Data Lake, Big Data Ecosystem, AWS/Redshift, and Data Warehousing
Position will be managing 20-25, and will report to the VP of Data Engineering and Analytics
Position will pay 210-220K plus a 10% bonus
• Lead design and implementation of scalable ETL and data processing systems to handle the big data ecosystem including data collection, processing, ETL and Data Lake.
• Build internal Reporting and Analytics platform on top of our Big Data Lake.
• Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the team as well as the organization as it relates to Data Platforms.
• Hire and lead the data engineering team. Engineering managers and ICs will report to you.
• Be a trusted partner for Data analysts. Build and maintain data infrastructure, such as Redshift, Hive and Spark, and enable analysts to be more efficient and effective in their jobs.
• Partner with teams across SCHL to ingest, store and enrich data throughout the organization within the enterprise data lake and underlying data marts.
• Coordinate and complete migration of legacy databases to a scalable data infrastructure on cloud.
• At least 7years of experience in data engineering and data management
• At least 5years’ experience with leading big datatechnologies
• Experience managing or leading small to medium sized engineering teams in a dynamic environment
• 3+ years of experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
• 3+ years of leading modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services)
• Solid understanding of real time and batch data processing framework such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
• Experience with SQL/NOSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redshift.
• 7+ years of experience designing data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures with big data ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Storm, Sqoop, Kafka, Hbase and HDFS.
• Experience building reports and predictive analytics solutions (Tableau, R, etc.)
• Experience with natural language based BI tools a plus
• Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL, and processing of structured and unstructured data
• Experience with data science and machine learning a plus
• Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The interview process will start with a phone interview and then lead to an in-person interview.
The position is not a remote position. This person will have to work onsite.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.