About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Director of Data Architecture, you will work as part of the Enterprise Architecture team and would be responsible for a team of senior Data Architects. The team is responsible for capturing current and future state information architectures across all lines of business and understanding data flows and integration points. The Data Architecture team works with business and IT thought leaders to identify opportunities to use information to solve business problems. The majority of the work the Data Architecture team performs is internal consulting with design deliverables. You would be responsible for ensuring high-quality output including: project design documents, reference architectures, decision documents, and position papers. You will also work closely with other Enterprise Architecture functions as well as multiple layers of management in IT.
- Builds trusted partnerships with business and other IT partners and drives business enablement leveraging data.
- Directs the delivery of complex data and analytics portfolio of projects by closely partnering with business and Enterprise Architecture. This includes management of data warehouse solutions and implementation.
- Leverages Agile development methodologies to increase the throughput and success of development efforts.
- Provides subject matter expertise to drive a step change in the data space by improving speed of delivery and reduce cost while simplifying the data environment.
- Works closely with business sponsors and stakeholders to drive execution of data strategies and solutions, and ensure portfolio projects are successfully executed and delivered on time, on budget with high quality.
Experience in or exposure to the following technologies is required:
- Canonical Model Management (ACORD preferred)
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling
- Data Warehouse Designs
- Visual / Predictive Analytic tools
- Machine Learning / AI
- NoSQL Designs
- Amazon Data Offerings
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Relational Database Management Software Knowledge
- ANSI SQL
- Messaging Middleware
- Metadata Repositories
Following are required capabilities:
- Effective leadership for a team of Senior Data Architects
- Ability to collaborate with data related leaders across IT in developing an enterprise data vision
- Ability to present complex material to either a technical or executive audience
- Ability to lead data architecture programs or projects
- Technical document authoring and proofing
- Thorough research capabilities
- Clear communication to all stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate problems from multiple viewpoints
- Expertise in evaluating vendor software and offerings
- Identifying opportunities for enterprise level reusable assets
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
- 7+ Years of data warehousing experience. In depth knowledge of data management strategies, principles and practices, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience. (Required)
- 7+ Years of managing/delivering large and complex IT projects. Desired experience in Agile methodology. (Required)
- 10+ years Data Architecture experience; 5+ years’ experience in design and development of Operational Data Sources, Data Warehouses or Data Marts; 5+ years’ experience in Data acquisition, modeling; extraction, transformation and load of data preferred
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Knowledge of Information Security practices
- Insurance and Financial industry experience is a plus
- Strong people management and leadership capabilities with understanding of organizational dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.