FORBES LIST OF AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time--and we're looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Creating a high-functioning team that works in proactive partnership with individuals across the organization
- Providing a data-driven perspective on evidence-based decision-making presenting to team, senior leaders and external partners, including: Expanding coverage of data tools, dashboards and knowledge sharing, Owning data quality and health of all analytics to build organizational trust in metrics, and Establishing a program of education across the company to empower teams to be self-reliant.
- Understanding that making data available and usable to key stakeholders is essential to enabling evidence-based decision-making
- Translating business objectives into KPIs and tracking performance across different Data domains
- Leading the development of strategic data modeling frameworks
- Lead/collaborate w/ team to develop/implement strategies and solutions for data collection, measurement and reporting on the performance of digital marketing, digital media, CRM and marketing automation campaigns.
- Define, generate, analyze, interpret and communicate the metrics that drive the Demand Generation programs
- Oversee data extraction, transformation and loading along with tag implementation and validation
- Developing custom dashboards and reports
- Presenting actionable insights to key stakeholders
- This Position Supervises:Data Analytics Team
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent and 10 or more years of IS related experience in application development and Data Analytics.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert in Data Analytics, Big Data, Data warehousing, Data Lake and Cloud Technologies’
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an analytical function
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Experience working with SQL, R and/or Python
- Experience as a team lead or manager
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Cloud,
- Big Data
- At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a) and 401(k) Retirement Plans--up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.