As a maturing startup business, we need to build out a data platform and analytics function to enable business decision making and longer-term machine learning solutions. Tegus needs a founding leader for this data analytics and engineering department. The role will include scoping out the full business need and building a team of both data engineers and data analysts to put in place a full solution. This team will support departments across the entire company including product, operations, marketing and sales.
- Build the end-to-end data capability including metric definitions, data models, data platform and analytics tooling.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor and lead elite analytics and data engineering team members.
- Democratize data-driven decision making by arming all departments with the education, guidance, and tools needed to turn data into information and deploy it to maximize their impact.
- Partner with all departments across the company to understand their data analytics, reporting and eventually AI/ML needs and create data solutions to support them.
- Drive data security in compliance with required legal and regulatory policy.
- Keep pace with the changing business environment, technology and data innovation in order to optimize data value.
- Hold your teams accountable for consistent, timely delivery.
- You have successfully led analytics and/or data engineering teams with a focus on career growth, psychological safety and performance.
- You have deep hands-on experience with enterprise data platforms / warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, EMR, Hive or Presto, either as a data engineer, data scientist or analyst.
- You have experience with modern analytics / reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, Metabase, Domo or Superset.
- You know how to put in place reliable, consistent, accurate data that can be used for decision making across the company.
- You have experience building processes and driving alignment across multiple stakeholders (product, engineering, operations, marketing, sales, etc.)
- You value and have experience building and managing a diverse and inclusive team environment with strong commitment to respect, equality, collaboration and teaming.
- You are comfortable working in an early stage company with ambiguity and figuring out the path forward.
- You are a great communicator that can partner well with your customers, stakeholders, and your team to keep everyone aligned and motivated.
- You are forward-thinking and able to analyze and anticipate project, technology and team solutions to ensure successful project delivery.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a dynamic company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive (Note: this position is not currently open to Colorado residents)
- Competitive compensation (salary, bonus, options) and 401k with matching
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, plus long-term disability
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible work hours
- Generous paid parental leave for both moms and dads
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage company and make a big impact on our business
- And for candidates in Chicago:
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms and full amenity floor
- Subsidized gym access in new state of the art building
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more