As our Director of Data Analytics, you will elevate the impact Analytics has on our customer-facing product efforts. We make extensive use of A/B testing for our customer-facing product efforts, so your ability to up our game there will provide huge gains to the team and our customers. You will define how we evolve our testing strategies and help us infuse testing into our development culture. In addition to testing, your team will help the team see the customer stories behind the raw numbers, and increase visibility into the health and opportunities of the site. At Custom Ink, we love data so your skills will be in high demand and your work will be highly visible. You’ll also play a critical role in elevating the Data & Analytics function and will report to the VP of Data Technology and Analytics.
What you’ll do:
Custom Ink is focused on growth, high-performance, and innovation, all while delivering a best-in-class customer experience no matter the touchpoint. As Director of Data Analytics and working with our Product Managers, User Experience, and Engineering teams, you’ll:
- Deliver increased pace of testing and ensuring results are accessible and interpretable throughout our ecommerce and internal systems tech teams
- Drive insights into product discovery
- Educate the D&A Team while supporting Product Managers in self-serving on data and elevating data-driven conversations
- Build a deeper view of the site funnel through key metrics to capture the health of the site and ensure alignment with the product teams
- Maintain a high-quality Google Analytics implementation
- Contribute to the performance and development of the D&A team through collaboration and coaching partnership while leveraging business acumen and driving process improvements
- Build a trusted partnership across the Analytics team and leverage site data to increase the effectiveness of other channels
- Be a strong leader through inspiration, care, development, and talent management
How you’ll be measured:
Success in this role is critical to the successful and healthy growth of Custom Ink, and success will be measured by:
- Increased testing capacity and pacing while reducing the cost and complexity
- Demonstrate impact of testing and data analysis on business results
- Elevation of related Analytics capabilities
- Increased site health awareness across Tech teams and beyond
- Enhanced collaboration with PM and cultivating data champions
- Become a trusted advisor to our D&A, PM, UX, and Engineer teams
What we’re looking for:
This is a critical role so we’ve set our sights high:
- 8+ years experience with ecommerce analytics with a demonstrated history in testing. Ecommerce focus a plus.
- Expert in Google Analytics, Excel. Strong SQL skills. Demonstrated use of machine learning techniques for business problems a plus.
- Excellence in statistics, data & analytics, predictive modeling & hypothesis testing
- Demonstrated strategic problem solver
- Ability to be a strong partner to the business, influence decision making and focus on details while keeping an eye on overall objectives
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects, seamlessly transition between them, and work autonomously
- Ability to determine tech and data needs from business requirements
- Values data integrity and accurate reporting
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills, strong analysis is a great starting point, but we are also looking for someone who can help connect business partners with the summary and implications of that analysis work.
- A passion for continuous improvement and problem solving, with a genuine desire to own and build something special
- A head for business and numbers and a heart for people