Less than 5 years
Posted 346 days ago
The Director of Data Analytics is part of a collaborative team that works to improve divisional outcomes of increased philanthropic revenues and number of engaged alumni, using a data-informed and predictive modeling approach. The Director will work with colleagues across the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement with an initial focus on the areas of Alumni Engagement, Annual Giving, and Donor and Alumni Communications—three areas of priority for the division. The Director will provide data-informed insight developed through predictive models, data mining, and other advanced data analysis techniques. The Director will have strong verbal and written communication skills essential for clearly conveying methods and outcomes to a variety of audiences through visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and other communications.
The incumbent must possess a proactive nature and must have the ability to work independently in meeting unit objectives under the general direction of the Executive Director and Chief Information Officer. The incumbent should possess the skills necessary to prepare data for analysis and presentation, including the ability to combine data files from several sources and analyze the data using standard statistical packages.
This position also requires strong organizational and time management skills; attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate needs and balance multiple priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field
• 3 years of experience using relational database systems; report writing in MS Access and Excel; conducting data analysis using quantitative reasoning and predictive modeling and analytics software; and experience using Structured Query Language (SQL), SPSS, SAS, or R, Python
• Experience translating results from statistical analyses to real world applications
• Ability to understand complex problems and use data reporting and analysis to create solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and tenacious approach to problem solving
• Strategic thinking skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field
• Experience with Crystal Reports and Tableau
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and other web and email monitoring and testing tools