We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Wistia has a part in driving customer success. The goal of Customer Success is to ensure our customers get the most out of their investment with Wistia. We do this by working strategically with our customers to ensure strong business outcomes, leveraging a consultative approach, Wistia best practices, and maniacal attention to detail.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, as the Director of the Customer Success Management team, you will directly manage our CSM team and be responsible for the delivery of successful customer engagements that drive value and ROI of their Wistia program. You thrive in a player/coach environment and leverage your consultative and exceptional communication skills to develop meaningful relationships with both customers and colleagues.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Build, lead and scale a growing customer success management team, ensuring an excellent customer experience and that outcomes meet customer goals.
- Build an engagement model that aligns with our customers at needs at different segments while balancing the cost to serve.
- Hire, enable, coach, and develop your team of high performing Wistia experts to align with individual, team, and company goals.
- Partner with Account Executive teams to ensure your team is meeting customer expectations.
- Analyze customer performance data to optimize team performance and enhance customer experience and retention rates.
- Partner with go-to-market and product leaders to improve the overall customer experience.
- Manage a handful of our top strategic customers, ensuring their success with Wistia.
By month 3 you'll
- Complete all employee and manager-related onboarding activities.
- Develop a solid understanding of our customers, Wistia’s products, teams, how goals are set, and how work gets done; begin to work effectively cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Be able to articulate the value of our customer success offerings and answer prospect and customer questions.
- Have participated in multiple customer calls with each of your team members, establishing important customer relationships at the same time.
- Document your observations, questions, and recommendations as you come up to speed.
- Establish a cadence of working with other managers and leaders on the CS and Sales teams.
- Help recruit and hire open positions on your team.
- Be familiar with our top Platform accounts and start to engage with those accounts.
- Collaborate with your team to establish a deep understanding of each customer in their book of business. Ensure process adherence and positive progress toward customer goals.
- Serve as an escalation point for your team.
- Advise each team member on development goals and progress.
By month 6 you'll
- Continue to master your knowledge of Wistia products and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your team.
- Be consistently hitting your goals.
- Determine and assess a variety of opportunities to increase the depth and breadth of our customer success offerings.
- Partner with Voice of the Customer to ensure visibility into customer satisfaction with engagements.
- Develop process efficiencies in partnership with your team, enablement and Operations.
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth for yourself and each team member you manage.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to develop a vision for the evolution, growth, and scale of the CSM team.
By 1 year you’ll
- Lead a team that successfully delivers a variety of valuable engagements with customers, possibly including revenue growth strategy, Wistia optimization, customer training, technical account management, and more.
- Meet or exceed all goals, including customer outcomes and satisfaction, as well as Wistia business and people goals.
- Have established strong relationships with a wide variety of customer leaders.
What you should have:
- 6+ years of customer success experience.
- 5+ years management experience, preferably within a customer success organization or comparable customer-facing roles, in a high growth technology company.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering value and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Strong consultative skill set and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to influence customer and internal stakeholders.
- Willingness to experiment – even if something doesn't work, be prepared to learn from your failures.
- Quick learner, always looking to improve and challenge your own assumptions.
- Deep understanding of the needs of growing businesses and strong business acumen.
- Experience in an SMB / low ACV environment is a plus