Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV and Cisco.
Freshworks is looking for a strategic and experienced Customer Success executive who has a vision for delivering a world class customer experience and is passionate about building and leading teams that drive customer adoption, retention, growth, and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and a proven track record in developing and scaling Customer Success programs in the SaaS industry. The candidate will have leadership experience in building, scaling, and managing a diverse team that is spread across multiple locations. This position will report to the VP Customer Success, North America.
As a leader of Customer Success at Freshworks, you will lead a Customer Success team in North America that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 150,000 brands around the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Proven Customer Success Leader: Freshworks needs a strategic regional leader who has managed both revenue and churn goals in the B2B SaaS industry. This role will primarily focus on reducing churn and driving customer engagement.
- Values-orientated Leadership: this role needs to have successfully led a team of leaders with an organization size between 10-25+ distributed team members.
- Inspire teams to deliver “moments of wow” for customers. Build followership in the team through clear communication and role-modeling of Freshworks values.
- Customer Obsession: to succeed in this role, you’ll need to be totally energized by engaging with customers, both in-person and virtually. Passionate about customer experience and a demonstrated ability to improve customer satisfaction/NPS.
- Passion for product and technology: possess good technical acumen to understand the core scenarios of usage and adoption across business applications (Customer support, IT helpdesk, CRM).
- Executive Influence: build credibility, relationships, and influence C-level stakeholders. Also, demonstrated ability to hold product, sales, and support leadership and teams accountable to commitments made to customers. Effective cross-functional, global collaboration is required to be successful in this role.
- Strategy: A proven track record of building and executing customer-centric business strategy.
- Operational Leadership: Successfully demonstrate a track record of leading a team of CSM’s to consistently achieve and exceed churn and retention goals.
- Cool Under Pressure: demonstrate the ability to manage and diffuse difficult conversations with customers, balancing the best interest of both customers and the company.
- Commercial Acumen: Fluent in talking with customers about the range of Freshworks offerings and naturally influencing renewal and upsell conversations.
Our Perfect Match:
- Minimum 15+ years of work experience and at least 10+ years in account management/customer success senior leadership position - SaaS experience is required
- Consistent track record of exceeding retention, customer satisfaction, and advocacy targets
- Deep passion for and understanding of customers, ability to develop strong customer relationships and above all a creative mind to deliver those “wow” moments
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products and constructively engage with product team members to help shape the product roadmap
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
- Strong leadership & coaching skills
- Willingness and eagerness to travel frequently to meet the team and to strategic accounts