SUMMARY: As a key member of the management team, the Director of Customer Service is responsible for the overall leadership and daily operations of the Customer Service Department. This position ensures performance in quality, service levels and overall customer service operations. The Director of Customer Service is accountable for identifying, developing, and implementing internal processes, along with operational performance monitoring and quality improvement to continually enhance service delivery to our customers. The Director role models and promotes service excellence throughout the organization and drives corporate initiatives related to service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Partners with Co-CEO/Chief Operating Office to drive and execute customer service excellence strategies.
- Engages subject matter experts from across the organization to resolve service delivery issues in a proactive and timely manner. Assists groups and teams in working through complex problems and meeting desired outcomes.
- Fosters the importance of the customer and how the relationships among departments meet the needs of the internal and external customer.
- Identifies opportunities for service excellence and acts upon intervention strategies for change using a systematic approach.
- Adopts and employs organization wide systematic approach and best practice for process improvement. Plans for and implements process improvement ideas that have been identified.
- Establishes and measures metrics that relate to customer service and operational quality. Identifies areas for enhancements or improvements, and engages subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop cost effective best practice solutions.
- Ensures the Customer Service performance dashboards are communicated and disseminated to key stakeholders for action.
- Promotes and employs the organization?s rewards and recognition programs to motivate teams, create a collegial environment and promote member-focused goals. Partners with Human Resources to develop and implement rewards and recognition programs to enhance the performance of service delivery.
- Partners with Human Resources on workforce planning, talent acquisition, and talent management to retain, develop and attract top talent. Collaborates with the Learning and Development department regarding effective onboarding and development of customer service staff.
- Develops, communicates and holds team members accountable for meeting performance expectations and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Engages leaders and staff from across the organization to break down silos among departments and project teams related to service delivery to our customers.
- Actively participates and contributes to management meetings and committees that drive excellence and service while considering any impact to other departments. Accountable for customer service risk management planning and oversight to ensure operations meet compliance and service delivery requirements.
- Partners with the Quality department to enhance customer satisfaction and implement service delivery initiatives.
- Tracks and interprets member data to identify trends or problem areas and implements appropriate quality improvement policies and/or procedures to address. Actively gather and compile external member data useful for benchmarking.
- Oversight of member services delegations including regular customer service surveys and yearly audits.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: B.A./B.S. Degree from four-year college or university plus 10 years of experience leading customer service delivery, preferably in a call center environment. Previous health insurance experience with state programs such as Medicaid and Basic Health, and Medicare Advantage Plans highly desired.
Proven experience mentoring and developing individuals and teams.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Strong knowledge of Avaya phone system, MS Office required. Knowledge of Oracle a strong plus.
- Must possess a "Customer First" approach in designing, implementing, and executing all Customer Service delivery services.
- Working knowledge of Call Center processes required. Knowledge of dental/health plan administration preferred.
- Proven critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve issues and positively drive customer service delivery.
- Demonstrated project management and implementation management skills.
- Ability to develop workable performance standards and manage to them. Ability to work with large amounts of detail data.
- Ability to develop and analyze various types of reporting; perform projections for staffing and budgeting; manage projects with analysis and reporting.
- Ability to interact effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service oriented attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; capable of interfacing effectively with executive management.
- Knowledge of Avaya call center phone system, scheduling software and statistical reporting.
- Ability to develop knowledge of Healthplex products and business model, and current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Effective at creating and maintaining high performing teams across organizational boundaries. Fosters loyalty and trust through the engagement of others, and by modeling MAGIC behavior, Healthplex Core Values and Principles of Integrity when making decisions and taking action.
- Creates and achieves a desired future through influence on organizational values, individual and group goals, processes and procedures.
- Uses effective management approaches, styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals towards goal achievement, while building and fostering trust.
- Effectively employs active listening and questioning skills to facilitate meaningful discussions, support full participation, make decisions and achieve goals within agreed upon timeframes with appropriate resources.
- Actively engages in the give and take of solving problems in an atmosphere that creates and maintains good relationships among all individuals in the organization and those outside the organization who contribute to Healthplex?s mission.
- Effectively manages meetings, conducts group discussions and helps groups make decisions through comprehensive discussions and full participation of members. Asks critical questions and manages group processes.
- Recognizes the give and take of solving problems and working with others. Maintains a business focused approach in cooperative work and projects.
- Appreciates the value to the organization of creating and maintaining good relationships with all members of the organization.
- Openly welcomes thoughts, ideas, opinions and involvement from others. Listens to others, builds strong relationships, and negotiates effectively to accomplish organizational goals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Healthplex is committed to equal employment opportunities. It is Healthplex?s policy to prohibit
employment discrimination, including but not limited to harassment on the basis of age, ancestry, color,
marital status, (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation,
disability, veteran status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.