The Director of Customer Service is a visionary leader with a proven track record for building successful teams that provide world-class customer experiences. This person isresponsible for understanding the company’s strategic initiatives in order to build and implement financially sound business standards that exceed KPI goals in a multi-channel environment. The Director is collaborative, influential, and experienced working cross-functionally to maximize customer loyalty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Customer Service Manager and 50+ Customer Service Representatives for multi-channel phone/email/chat.
- Manage hiring, training, retention and performance of call center employees.
- Mentor and develop Customer Service Manager and Representatives and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Design, develop and implement standardized policies and procedures including escalation and appeasement, performance metrics, recognition programs, etc.
- Develop strategies to increase call center revenue and incorporate into training.
- Analyze performance metrics, transactional data and quality assurance to ensure proper staffing, first call resolution, and root cause analysis.
- Provide weekly reporting on contact volume, response, issue classifications, appeasements, call center revenue metrics.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Establish individual performance goals and objectives; schedule one-on-one meetings to communicate performance planning and review.
- Take ownership of customer’s issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting customer care function.
- Develop customer incentive and retention programs to ensure customer loyalty.
- Develop procedures and policies for better handling of customer correspondence and customer complaints.
- Develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of support to customers.
- Ensure all escalated customer inquiries are handled in accurate and timely fashion.
- Collaborate with store operations and marketing team to maximize revenues and customer loyalty.
- Schedule meetings with the internal teams to discuss and resolve customer service failures/customer concerns on time.
- Compile and print reports on overall customer satisfaction and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and MS Word.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven working experience as customer service manager.
- Experience in providing customer service support.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to remain flexible, reprioritize projects frequently, and respond to changing demands.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multitasking skills.
- Able to effectively use common office equipment.
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Think strategically, be independent, self-motivated, team player, leader.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and find effective solutions.
- Must have the ability to analyze reports and employee data information.
- Must be able to analyze employee relation situations and develop a resolution.
EDUACTION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5years Management experience (in a corporate retail environment preferred).
- 8years Customer Service (call center environment experiencepreferred).
- Outsourcing experiencepreferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.