Responsible for using primary and secondary research, experienced account planning techniques and the latest and most innovative methods for obtaining customer insight in a variety of industries from B2B to CPG.
- Represents the client's customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
- Works as a fully integrated member of the client's designated team with particular close cooperation with account service.
- Provides leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives.
- Assists the account management team in crafting creative briefs and providing clear persuasive briefings to creatives.
- Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight gathering and strategic process.
- Manages primary research specialists and provides clear specifications for actionable relevant research to the team and client.
- Develops accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and ability to present strategy and direction to the client.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client's business and learns the KPIs and client's business language
- Hires, manages, develops, and promotes team members
- Participates in new business development
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, MBA or equivalent business experiencepreferred
- Five or more years of work experience in an advertising agency or research firm in a related area, including at least two years in account planning required.
- Excellent communication ability: Ability to read and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to write research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Excellent reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Four-yeardegreerequired-concentration in marketing preferred