The Director of Customer Engineering, Google Cloud, West Region is a highly visible leadership role in a fast-growing, quick-moving area of Google’s business. As a Director, you will bring outstanding leadership skills to the company to lead and manage teams and drive growth within Google Cloud. The Google Cloud team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products.
You will utilize your leadership and communication skills to serve as a trusted advisor to help customers and clients realize maximum business potential from Google Cloud. You will solve key technical issues for our customers while liaising with Sales, Product Engineering, Technical Infrastructure, Marketing, Channels and other cross-functional teams. You will be the senior technical executive in the West Region to drive transformation for customers while continually staying on top of industry trends and working withProduct Engineering to devise enhancements for Google Cloud products based on customer demand.
You will lead an organization of Customer Engineers who engage with customers to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies, design future-state technical architectures, address and overcome technical issues that arise throughout the sales process and manage implementation and operations.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage a large organization of Customer Engineers to meet quarterly and annual bookings objectives for the region by targeting enterprise companies with a constant march up-market. Recruit best-in-class talent and coach the team with a focus on providing actionable, forthright feedback; create and drive innovative programs focused on achieving growth at Google scale.
- Meet with customers/prospects and participate directly in the key agreements and accounts within the region. Work directly with customers to ensure optimized use of Google Cloud. Create activities and develop strategies to resolve technical impediments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using various communication techniques. Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure to implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Continue to inject operational rigor into the organization; opportunities and growth can be “manufactured” with the correct processes and supporting activities, e.g. regular team technical reviews, knowing when to involve other groups (Sales, Channels, Marketing, Support, Google Ads Sales teams, etc.).
- Drive the Customer Engineering organization to lead all technical sales activities and manage customer deployment and operations. Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work and the coordination of supporting technical resources. Drive the Customer Engineering organization to enable and grow channel partners for technical sales and customer deployment and operations.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a Technical Sales Engineering role in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing technical/engineering role.
- Experience managing large teams (over 150 people). Experience managing managers.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 10 years of experience selling complex IT solutions within the target region with a demonstrated progression to major leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experienceworking with web/internet related technologies, architecture across SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and cloud productivity suites. Knowledge of solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
- A strong market reputation and actionable list of network contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence both technical and non-technical audiences - from developer to CEO. Demonstrated ability to lead with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT space.