Armor is seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual to serve as our Director of Customer Compliance. Primary responsibilities in this role will be to consult with Armor prospects and customers on various compliance regulations (PCI, HIPAA, FinServ, GDPR) to help them understand how these regulations impact their business, show how Armor can make it easier for them to meet their regulatory requirements, and manage relationships with Armor’s customers as they face compliance and regulatory auditevents. This role will act as a leader to aid in training and supporting Armor Sales and Solution Consultant staff through education on the various regulatory requirements and how Armor assists its customers in achieving and maintaining their compliance and regulatory requirements.
Director of Customer Compliance Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Aid, guide, and/or mentor Armor prospects/customers in compliance and security needs.
- Actively mentor key Armor personnel and teams to increase their knowledge of the regulatory compliance landscape and how it impacts Armor customers.
- Have a view outside of Armor, keeping up with and understanding the changing nature of compliance and regulatory standards.
- Influence Armor’s compliance and regulatory strategies as part of both our offerings and internal business requirements.
- Aid, guide, and advise compliance and regulatory strategies within Armor Products and Services.
- Participate, author and conduct blogs and webinars in achieving and maintaining compliance and regulatory standards.
- Tactically manage customer documentation and information requests around the compliance and regulatory standards provided through Armor Products and Services.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate providing consultative services around compliance.
- Ability to interact with external auditors and agencies in achieving compliance requirements.
- Ability to detail unique compliance control requirements within, PCI, HITRUST, & GDPR.
- Ability to lead/conduct public speaking events and engagements.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of network/system/application designs and cloud/virtualized environments.
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutioning within network/system/application design controls to achieve and maintain compliance and/or regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of common public cloud providers and their stances on security and compliance.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers within all layers of an organization.
- Highest ethical standards when handling private and confidential data.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to clearly articulate the differences between security controls and compliance.
- Highly skilled in Information Security and Audit/Compliance.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once.
Education And/Or Experience:
- 10+ years of job-related experience.
- 2-5 years of management or lead experience.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Certified QSA and/or HITRUST Assessor.
- Security and Technical Certifications: CISSP, CISA preferred, C|CISO a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the tools in our environment today, but this list will change and grow:
- Prior history in public speaking events and engagements.
- Prior history working in an Information Technology capacity outside of an audit function.
- Prior history in providing consultative services around compliance.
- Prior history as a Qualified Security Auditor (QSA) and/or HITRUST assessor.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to implement technical aspects of PCI DSS 3.2, HITRUST, HIPAA, ISO, SOC, and other compliance standards.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The work environment may be in either an office setting, at the company’s data center, or at a third-party location for training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Code: 745