We’re looking for a passionate, experienced global leader who understands the role of customer care and supporting consumers throughout their journey from pre-sale to post-purchase. As the Director of Customer Care for Arlo, this talented individual is driven to deliver excellent customer service fueled by a deep understanding of how today’s consumer expects to engage with brands throughout the lifecycle of ownership. This seasoned professional should have a successful track record of building and managing worldwide customer support resources, processes and budgets, and will drive all aspects of customer care in collaboration with cross-functional teams across Arlo, including product development and engineering, marketing, sales, IT, operations, and external partners or vendors as well. In addition, the successful candidate should have a firm understanding of the evolving marketplace of technologies, platforms and services around consumer analytics and predictive marketing to contribute to the strategy and design of the best-in-class customer care experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee the strategy, processes, and operations for worldwide customer care in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, marketing, IT, sales and operations.
- Own and manage departmental budget, vendors, analytics and roadmap for continual improvements to the customer care experience.
- Monitor and report on customer care KPIs to the executive team and identify opportunities to proactively address potential customer concerns or enhance the ownership experience.
- Evaluate and recommend strategic technology or service partners that can further enhance the customer experience with global scale and efficiency.
- Forecast and manage budgets to meet both long and short-term objectives in line with annual operating plans and work collaboratively with finance to provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Work with product, engineering and marketing teams to develop scalable processes for accurate and detailed analysis of customer feedback from all communication channels, including calls, chats, online reviews, email and other online platforms.
- Own the voice, creation and localization of best-in-class knowledge and support content, along with optimization of content as appropriate for each unique communication channel.
- Support special initiatives or projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading customer support organizations, ideally in technology, CE or related industries for both devices and services.
- Demonstrated success in delivering excellent worldwide customer care for premium products and services, with high CSAT and NPS scores.
- Deep experience building and managing call center teams, budgets and vendor agreements.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or related fields. MBA a plus.
- Ability to clearly articulate business requirements, manage and hold accountable external resources to meet agreed-upon service level metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional team leader and mentor, able to build collaborative, nimble and efficient teams, across internal and external resources.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to manage internal and external resources to implement new processes or systems on time, on budget, with the highest levels of accuracy and quality possible.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed for collaboration with key stakeholders at other office sites and to manage external domestic and international resources.