Direct, supervise and manager the daily operations of customer care department and associates, including but not limited to scheduling, material ordering and check in, quality control, trade partner management and effective material control. Responsible for managerial control and implementation of divisional warranty programs, customer care program and corporate service strategies for all communities. Resolve customer care issues through research and field visits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and Direct all aspects of customer care
- Supervise customer care associates; coordinate the daily monitoring, assignment and completion of all service requests and / or warranty commitments.
- Ensure that established procedures are followed for homeowner calls, written repair requests and communicate information to customer care reps in a timely manner.
- Manage division Water Intrusion Program with Director of Construction and report on status to MTM’s daily on water intrusion issues.
- Collaborate in the formulation and establishment of warranty related policy, field practices and service procedures.
- Meet and establish Divisional goals while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality of work
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets, budgets and within policies and standards
- Identify and monitors trends in warranty service requests and provide proactive solutions to the Division Management team to minimize and resolve issues where major cost factors may be encountered.
- Create and establish up to date warranty manuals, orientation packages, policies and procedure manuals and homeowner handbooks.
- Organizes bimonthly H2 Insight team meetings and reports
- Work closely with the customer care team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues and strong commitment to producing a quality end result.
- Work closely with the Construction staff to increase quality through such observation and research and proactive solutions.
- Provide trade partner feedback to the Director of Construction & Purchasing concerning the trade partner’s timeliness, attention to detail and quality of work.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Follow up with corporate complaints and provide updates to the DOC and DP with a written report within 24 hours
- Create and distribute departmental and division reports to Division Management as directed
- Conduct and/or contribute to monthly/quarterly and/or annual performance appraisals.
- Ability to effectively manage staff through ensuring appropriate staffing, providing formal and informal evaluations/feedback, addressing associate issues when warranted and provide training and mentoring via coaching
- Oversee the hiring, training, supervising and motivating of the Customer Care Associates.
- Organize and conduct regular staff meetings and training sessions.
- High School or GED required. College Degree preferred
- Minimum 8 year experience in directing, coordinating and supervising staff in Homebuilding Customer Care
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering reports and details
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and industry standard building practices is required.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with carpentry, structural design, engineered wood products and failure analysis
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and valid auto insurance coverage required.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills