Director of Curriculum
at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View, CAUdacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on! Udacity is seeking an experienced Director of Curriculum to join our team based in Mountain View, CA. The Director of Curriculum will help define and shape how we educate the world today, tomorrow, and beyond. The incoming Director will join an incredible team, and lead efforts to build the right content development model, develop training programs, and help solve for the right content process and tools. The ideal candidate will be a strong driver, scaling our team of content developers to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing student population. To be successful in this role, you must be a great leader, withthe ability to inspire, motivate, and bring out the best in every employee. You must have a passion toeducate, and possess strong business skills. You must be a forward-thinker, who is keen to innovate and solve in a high-growth company. This role will be instrumental in growing our content development team, inspiring outstanding performance, and delivering exceptional results.
- Build and mentor a team of world-class curriculum designers and content developers, including: Full-time, Contract, Independent Consultants, and team members.
- Develop and own training programs to efficiently on-board and educate the Udacity content developer community.
- Build a successful content strategy, alongside a set of quality standards that delivers on Udacity’s strategic plan.
- Partner with production and program management to create and implement an effective content development workflow that delivers a world-class education to Udacity students.
- Design and implement a curriculum creation model that effectively scales, and delivers highquality educational products.
- Partner with Finance, HR, Platform, and Engineering to strategically set up and optimize hiring processes, team structures, and budgets.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, strategies, and techniques to develop world-class educational content.
- At least 7 years of management, with demonstrated experience motivating, mentoring, and leading teams.
- Experience building and scaling a team of Contractors and Independent Consultants.
- Effective leadership skills in a complex, high-growth organization.
- A strong business acumen.
- A strong command of pedagogical best practices.
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functionally on both tactical and strategic business plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.