ADL EDU, the education division of ADL (formerly the Anti–Defamation League), is the largest provider of anti-bias and anti-bullying resources and curriculum for K12 educators and a leading provider of training and support for post-secondary institutions and workplaces. We are educators and experts committed to promoting respectful and civil environments in schools and communities based on principles of equity, inclusion and diversity.
We are expanding our team and seek an experienced, energetic, multi-talented curriculum and training professional to join our geographically–distributed team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and write research-based anti-bias/anti-bullying curriculum, training agendas and activities for a variety of audiences including educators, school administrators, school staff; students; employees and management in workplace settings.
- Design and write guidelines for ADL staff, program facilitators and school coordinators to enable effective implementation of ADL educational programs as well as resources for family members.
- Provide support and consultation to ADL regional education staff on localizing curriculum and training. Model best practices in facilitating training sessions.
- Collaborate with Education Program Directors to align business goals with training and curriculum design.
- Identify and supervise SMEs, contractors, and regional staff to leverage specific expertise and experience as needed.
- Co-develop online educational offerings and resources with the Director of Online Learning.
- Flex between project management and contributor roles on content development projects.
- In project management role, create project plans, manage logistics, track budget, find and contract resources, supervise vendors, report project status, flag challenges, and debrief when the project is closed.
- Monitor practices, trends and emerging pedagogies in the field of anti-bias, anti-bullying, equity, diversity and inclusion training.
- Provide peer review and feedback on content produced by colleagues.
- Facilitate training for internal ADL staff and external client/audiences.
- Collaborate as needed with Education marketing team.
- Assist evaluation specialists to identify goals and measure outcomes of training and curriculum.
- Publish and present on ADL programs and pedagogy in national and international forums.
Contractors, vendors, subject–matter experts and junior colleagues as required
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design and/or equivalent experience designing and delivering training and curriculum.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in roles with increasing responsibility for the design and production of curriculum and/or training.
- Proven ability to articulate learning outcomes and design learning experiences to achieve them.
- Knowledge of anti-bias, anti-bullying, social justice, equity, or diversity–and–inclusion educational frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly, flexibly and generatively to changing requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing writers, SMEs, external partners and vendors
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Graduate degree in education, instructional design and/or related field
- Experience designing for a variety of learning environments.
- Experience in a team-based rapid prototyping environment.
- Experience designing for online learning.
- Experience with Google Docs, Slack, Zoom, and other distributed–team platform
Flexibility to work additional hours when necessary to complete work assignments. Occasional travel to regions.
NYC or Los Angeles base strongly preferred.