Overview of the Credit & Collections Director position
This role will be responsible for the successful leadership, development and operation of the Order to Cash (O2C) function and processes for DS Services of America, Inc.
- Accountable for credit management, billing, collections, cash application, and other financial & non-financial activities in the Order to Cash process for the business, supporting the Customer For Life strategy.
- Lead a team of Order to Cash Specialists and work in close collaboration with peers in functions across the business, particularly in Finance, Operations, and Customer Service, to ensure that processes are effectively developed, applied, and maintained. DS Services Order to Cash processes are supported by Oracle, Get Paid, and other home-grown software and workflow tools, such as CFLi (Customers For Life).
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and retain suitably qualified team members to effectively operate the O2C transactional processes.
- Manage employee selection, training, performance evaluation, documentation, salary and termination processes, in accordance with DS Services policies. Maintain a positive, proactive labor environment.
- Display an emphasis and passion to create culture focused on delivering excellent customer service, at the same time as maximizing collection of customer balances.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively across multiple functions, stakeholders, and executives.
- Work to develop a culture of continuous improvement related to the definition and execution of service standards and continuous management of service level agreements.
- Leadership of the definition, analysis and improved design of Order to Cash processes, alongside contribution as a key member of a process optimization design team for improving customer service.
- Leadership of the definition and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs) for Order to Cash function and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Process performance measurement, by process, to deliver targets and continuously improve performance.
- Develop and maintain appropriate financial controls in Order to Cash processes to meet Sarbanes-Oxley and statutory requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in the O2C process leveraging external benchmarking as required.
- Manage O2C Management team to implement strategy and policy changes.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or MS in Finance preferred.
- 10+ years related business experience in Order to Cash or related environments.
- 5+ years experience in management of a large team, particularly financial processing organization, preferably in a captive or outsourced shared services environment.
- Experience with Oracle and Get Paid software preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to work individually and within a team environment, build strong relationships and maintain a rapport with peers, Corporate Finance, and Executive teams.
- Proven effective communication skills with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management ability
- Ability to travel 25%, as required.