The Director of Credit and Collections will lead a team of hard-working staff and managers, transforming delicate situations into positive interactions for our clients. This individual is responsible for administering credit policy and overseeing the collection efforts of the business. The successful applicant must demonstrate an aptitude for managing and sustaining both internal and external relationships in an agile environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Partnering with the sales team to resolve customer issues.
- Collaborating across departments on business process improvement.
- Partnering with Controller regarding existing or potential credit or collection issues.
- Establishing and implementing a formal credit process with an emphasis on flexibility, scale and growth.
- Through ongoing portfolio management, monitoring signs of deteriorating credit trends and making ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings (both positive and negative).
- Demonstrating project management proficiency while promoting process improvements and client satisfaction.
- Researching, developing, and implementing collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency of outstanding accounts.
- Designing and maintaining all metrics and reporting on the performance of the accounts receivable group.
- Analyzing receivable portfolio and operationalizing insight gained.
- Contributing to department-wide performance by providing an environment that promotes and fosters positive growth, excitement, fun and innovation with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Negotiating payment terms with customers on past due accounts.
- Addressing ongoing customer complaints concerning billing or balance disputes.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Overseeing and assisting with the clean-up of unapplied receipts and short paid invoices.
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar field of study.
- Seven to ten years of credit and collections experience with progressive management responsibilities.
- High proficiency in computer software, i.e., MS Office, credit and collection systems.
- Experience with the following is preferred: Salesforce, JIRA, Intacct, Coupa, Armatic, D&B.
- Excellent business relationship and communication skills for collaboration, negotiation, and reconciliation.
- Strong business acumen and detail-oriented with the ability to analyze receivable and collection data for aligning operational strategy with business goals.
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on building and designing scalable processes.
- Multitasked oriented, organized, and able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to enable continuous learning and improvement through coaching and mentoring.
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with healthcare clients in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with Power BI or comparable business analytics platform.